Lockheed Martin Model Based Systems Architect Staff Engineer (Grand Prairie, TX) in Grand Prairie, Texas
Description: Lockheed Martin’s Missiles and Fire Control is standing up a team to accelerate the modernization our systems engineering processes, practices, and tools to support wide-spread adoption of model-based systems engineering and cross-functional integration. Members of this team will be resources to programs to enable efficient and effective implementation of MBSE.
Specific responsibilities of these roles include:
• Deploying to programs on short-term assignments to initiate & guide model-based systems engineering implementation.
• Tracking product development efforts within their assigned LOB to ensure program needs are incorporated into the Systems Engineering Modernization roadmap.
• Developing reference architectures for our key product lines for use as basis of program architectures.
• Exploring and implementing advanced modeling features to integrate data across functional lines.
• Developing & curating training material for MBSE.
• Providing training, lunch and learns, and one-on-one coaching regarding MBSE implementation.
• Must currently hold a Secret security clearance.
• Bachelors degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 9 years of professional experience; or 7 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
Experience with the following:
• Opening system architecture designs and partitioning.
• System functionality definition including system states and modes or functional partitioning.
• Conducting model based performance simulations to determine the impact of requirements changes on system performance/behaviors.
• MBSE tool sets; may include Cameo, MagicDraw and/or Rhapsody.
• Generating ICDs and verifying compliance of supplier designs and capabilities.
• Broad understanding of the MFC Systems Engineering process including requirements management, functional/physical allocation, interface development, performance simulation, and verification.
Experience with the following:
• Execution within agile frameworks.
• Software development or scripting (e.g. MATLAB, Python).
• Presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
• Ensuring the linkage between model-based system requirements and characteristics with detailed design data.
• Establishing bi-directional connections between MBSE artifacts and design data in tools like Zuken, Cadence, Creo and Catia via WindChill digital PLM repositories.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs