Safran Chief Inspector in Grand prairie, Texas
Chief Inspector 2021-06-10T17:41:29.057
Summary of Job Purpose:
- Plans, coordinates, and directs FAA Repair Station, Part 145 quality program designed to ensure quality repair components consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through quality inspections.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Formulates and maintains quality assurance objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals.
- Serves as principle point of contact with FAA and maintains FAA Quality Repair Station/Quality Control Manual and assorted records.
- Interprets quality assurance philosophy to key personnel in organization.
- Reviews all data obtained during all quality assurance activities to ensure consistency with company policies and procedures.
- Develops new approaches to solve problems identified during quality assurance activities. PDCA utilizing tools of SAFRAN+.
- Keeps management team abreast of significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and actions being taken to improve the situation.
- Prepares and presents technical and program information to the management team.
- Directs technical and administrative workers engaged in quality assurance activities.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Plays an active role on quality management teams within the organization.
- Designs and implements quality assurance training programs to key personnel in conjunction with managers.
- Reviews documentation generated by subordinates.
- Performs shop floor audits to determine compliance with regulations and company procedures.
- Examines assembly, installation, and adjustment of components to ensure that workmanship and materials conform to Civil Air Regulations, company specifications, CMM's, and manual procedures.
- Examines material product for surface defects such as cracks, pits, and corrosion.
- Verifies specified dimensions of product or material.
- Signs traveler tag to approve unit, or record reasons for rejecting unit.
- Rejects defective parts, and marks type of defect on part, container of parts, or inspection tag.
- Documents all inspection “Turn Backs” on shop Corrective Action boards.
- Performs visual inspection of product prior to delivery.
- Examines work records for completeness and accuracy.
- Completes the documentation required to certify the product as airworthy and accept the product for return to service.
- Responsible for the scrap program and stamp control program.
- Develops departmental procedures for fulfilling project objectives; identifies problems; and recommends solutions. Recommends departmental expenditures. Has authority to act at his own discretion, with review of audit by the Director of Quality on an annual basis.
- Assigns and monitors work of subordinates, including training and coaching; conducting of ongoing performance planning and appraisal; Hiring, transferring, promoting, or terminating employees. Supervises direct employees and delegate inspectors.
- Performs return to service inspection of products to assure all defined tasks are completed and in compliance with required regulations and internal documentation.
- May be called upon to assist in other areas within the Quality Dept.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Comply with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by law, company's policies and regulations requirements. Pro-active in the Safran HSE standards and procedures within their daily work, staying alert to potential safety hazards when learning or implementing something new.
Physical Requirements :MRO
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit and talk or hear.
- The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this.
Education / Experience:
- Prefer Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate- Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of professional practices, sources of information, and rules and regulations that must be interpreted, adapted and applied to unique requirements of the organization.
- FAA Repairmen Certificate (desired)
- At least 18 months of Avionics Experience
- Familiar with FAA Part 145 Regulations
Skills and Abilities:Job knowledge
Knowledge and flow down of customers' expectations and regulatory requirementsFormalize and plan quality assurance activities of a program or a product (development, industrialization, production, support)Assess, synthesize and presents quality issues/risks of a product/program. Share them with internal stakeholdersPresent Quality situations of a program or a product to customers or to authoritiesAssist in process improvementsDevelopment QualityQuality/improvement industrial process managementKnowledge of regulation dutiesManagement toolsLeadership skills / Management skills / Personal skills
Team managementAccuracy and rigorAssess risks and opportunitiesAbility to analyze, to synthesizeAbility to explain and convince, to empowerInterpersonal skillsResults-oriented
Company information Safran Electronics & Defense
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aviation (propulsion, equipment and interiors), defense and space markets. Its core purpose is to contribute to a safer, more sustainable world, where air transport is more environmentally friendly, comfortable and accessible. Safran has a global presence, with 79,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2020 and holds, alone or in partnership, world or regional leadership positions in its core markets. Safran undertakes research and development programs to maintain the environmental priorities of its R&T and Innovation roadmap.
Safran ranks first in Forbes's 2020 list of the World's Best Employers for its sector.
Safran Electronics & Defense is a world leading supplier of products and services that handle observation, decision and guidance functions for both civil and military applications. The company understands and applies a wide range of the state-of-the-art technologies that underpin embedded intelligence in many different areas, as a supplier to some of today's most innovative aerospace and defense programs.
QualitySupport functionsEmployees / Staff
Grand prairie, tx 75052, Texas, UNITED STATES
Regular Full time, Full-time
More than 3 years
- Safran Jobs