Daybreak Venture COVID 19 LVN in Granbury, Texas
The overall purpose of the COVID 19 LVN position is to participate in and oversee the provision of resident care as prescribed by the attending physician, consistent with accepted standards of care and within the scope of LPN/LVN training and licensure. Incumbent also provides direct resident care, and assigns duties to subordinate LPN/LVN’s and/or nursing aides as appropriate.
The specific responsibilities of this position are described in the Essential Functions.
- Graduation from an accredited nursing school and a current, valid license or registration (LPN/LVN) in the state where employed are required.
- Nursing experience in a long-term care facility is preferred.
- Supervisory experience is desirable.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills are necessary.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Observes, assesses and reports resident condition/changes, and documentation.
- Assists in collection of data relevant to resident assessment and evaluation.
- Consults with RN regarding changes in resident s condition.
- Receives, transcribes, and executes physicians’ orders.
- Assures implementation of care plans as directed.
- Administers medications as prescribed.
- Oversees/monitors functions and activities of subordinate staff.
- Participates in assigning duties for subordinate staff.
- Investigates/documents accidents and incidents.
- Identifies/secures equipment and supplies.
- Contributes to assurance of resident care consistent with accepted standards of care and established policy and procedure.
- Evaluates staff performance and may initiate appropriate action.
- Encourages safety to prevent accidents and assures equipment safety.
- Assures equipment safety.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends required in-service training.
- Functions within the constraints of established policy and procedure consistent with accepted nursing standards.
- Is assigned responsibility/authority for decisions relating to nursing services, assigned supervisory duties and related tasks; but may consult with nurse supervisor, director of nursing, administrator, nurse consultants, or other nursing professionals, or other resources.
- Communicates in a professional and courteous manner using effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills with residents, their families, and co-workers.
- Maintains confidentiality of department, resident, employee information, communication, and documentation as well as compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations.
- Clocks in and out for all working/training hours. Working off the clock will not be permitted at any time or for any reason. LVN
- Maintain compliance with Daybreak’s Compliance program and plan.
- Adhere to the Daybreak Code of Conduct
- These duties are not all-inclusive but provide minimum performance expectations and will be reviewed in the performance process.