The Mentor Network Supervisor, Dietary in Garland, Texas
Supervisor, Dietary Primary Location: United States-TX-TXGarland Function: Maintenance/Housekeeping/Food Services
Description NeuroRestorative is seeking a Dietary Supervisor to be responsible for the overall management of the dietary function within a program. Ensures a sanitary and functional working environment and the preparation/service of attractive, nutritious meals, and meeting individual consumer’s dietary restrictions and preferences. Also provides nutritional input into the individual’s plan of care and provides assistance in the manner that supports the personal design of the consumers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential function listed below.
Provides necessary staff development and training to Dietary Aides to ensure meals are prepared and served in accordance with established policies and procedures.
Monitors food service staff to assure that they are following established safety and sanitary regulations and procedures in the use of equipment and supplies.
- Investigates all on the job injuries by department employees and implements corrective measures where appropriate.
- Implements daily menus and approve substitutions according to dietary prescriptions.
- Maintains inventory of department food, supplies and equipment.
- Controls supply and equipment use to meet budget available.
- Reports to administrator on general operation of the department.
- Assists in determining appropriate staffing levels; makes termination recommendations to the Administrator.
- Orients and trains staff in proper work practices when they are hired and conducts and evaluates retraining and refresher training.
- Maintains safe working conditions and practices in the unit.
- Assures that meals are prepared according to prescribed diet plan and are delivered at acceptable temperatures.
- Performs additional duties and activities as required.
Supervises assigned personnel including performance evaluations, scheduling, orientation and training. Makes recommendations or decisions regarding employee hires, transfers, promotions, salary changes, discipline, terminations and similar actions. Resolves personnel problems within position responsibilities.
The Mentor Network
- The Mentor Network Jobs