General Electric Sr. Proposals Staff Manager (CWI) - Houston, TX in Ft Worth, Texas
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
With operations in over 120 countries, the company’s global scale, local know-how and commitment to service infuse over a century of experience with the spirit of a startup – inventing smarter ways to bring energy to the world.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
Baker Hughes Incorporated has an opening for a Sr. Proposals Staff Manager supporting Completion and Wellbore Intervention at our CTI facility in Houston, TX. Manages the full commercial process for strategic tenders and/or commercial opportunities within an assigned geographical area. Ensures that the optimal equipment, cost, and supply channel is selected with the aim of providing Operations with the lowest cost, commercially viable option in an to increase gross margin and/or market share.
· Acts as liaison between Operations, Sales, Manufacturing, Marketing, and Customers on Key Strategic Tenders.
· Develops and implements strategic and tactical commercial plans for introduction of business into new geographic area and/or introduction of new business into already established area.
· Assures strategies are consistent with overall objectives for the organization.
· Prioritizes commercial opportunities to maximize sales and profits.
· Develops and maintains relationships with internal customers related to costing, products and services.
· Identify opportunities for equipment, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
· Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
· Involvement in price book formulation and content.
· Handles special projects, as assigned.
10+ years of experience in oil and gas/oilfield.
4+ year of Sales and or Operations experience.
Strong Commercial / Tender experience
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Extensive knowledge of multiple CWI product offerings.
Extensive business skills necessary to maximize margins & improve operational efficiency.
Extensive knowledge of business plans, customer requirements, and market demands.
Ability to recognize and solve problems of highly complex nature.
Business travel required 10-20%.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Houston, TX 77040
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more at https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/posterscreenreader_optimized.pdf
Locations: United States; Texas; HOUSTON
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.