BASF Technology Engineer III in Freeport, Texas
At BASF, we create chemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic success with environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a more sustainable future through chemistry. As the world’s leading chemical company, we help our customers in nearly every industry meet the current and future needs of society through science and innovation. We achieve this through our commitment to continuous improvement and operational excellence, which gives us the opportunity to set and deliver on ambitious, long-term goals.
We provide a challenging and rewarding work environment with a strong emphasis on process safety, as well as the safety of our employees and the communities we operate in, and are always working to form the best team—especially from within, through an emphasis on lifelong learning and development. This allows for our employees to innovate and generate new ideas, put them into action, and gain insights from them to further advance our collective expertise.
And we are constantly striving to become an even better place to work. BASF has been recognized by Forbes Magazine as one of America’s Best Employers in 2017. We strongly support the spirit of collaboration through effectively involving team members and colleagues from other relevant units when developing and executing strategies and projects. Come join us on our journey to create solutions for a sustainable future!
Technology Engineer III (1805197) – Freeport, TX
Where the Chemistry Happens
We are seeking a professional like you to achieve strategic business needs through Process Safety, Capital Project Support, Process Optimization, and Automation. In addition, you will be responsible for driving continuous technology innovation.
Formula for Success
· Applying your education and experience in chemical plant operations and/or process improvement/development, you will be responsible for process safety by completing revalidation and Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) reviews, developing and maintaining Process Safety Information (PSI), serving as technical resource for operating procedure updates and point person for internal and external process safety audits, and leading incident reviews using root cause methodology.
· Leveraging your knowledge of DCS systems, including Foxboro, you will support alarm management and troubleshooting for DCS/SIS systems, including recommending control and interlock strategy development/implementation, as well as provide expertise in the application of PIMS and drive automation to improve the effectiveness of the production technology.
· Successfully engaging across the business, you will interface with Global Production Technology and other Business Groups to focus on innovation and best practices and support the Production Execution Team by addressing plant troubleshooting and technical training for shift workers.
· Using your strong understanding of Process Engineering concepts and their applications, you will drive continuous improvement activities such as identification, evaluation, development, prioritization, and implementation of plant improvement ideas to achieve compliance with environmental regulations. Additionally, you will be responsible for providing plant de-bottlenecking and production trial support.
· Utilizing your experience in project design and construction, you will serve as manufacturing representative for capital projects, providing design input and supporting permitting efforts.
Create Your Own Chemistry: What We Offer You
Adding value to our customers begins with adding value to you. You@BASF is the suite of benefits, perks, programs and unique opportunities we offer to support you—the whole you—in all stages of your life and career. With you@BASF, you create your own chemistry.
The total rewards that you receive as a BASF employee go way beyond a paycheck. From competitive health and insurance plans, to robust retirement benefits that include company-matching contributions, to making sure you never stop learning, we believe investing in you is investing in our success. Working for a large, global organization, you’ll have a chance to grow professionally and personally, expand your network and build a rewarding and dynamic career.
BASF provides interesting and challenging learning and development opportunities to help you make the most of your talents and your job.
This position requires all candidates to either currently possess or obtain and maintain a TWIC (Transportation Worker Identification Credential) Card from the U. S. Department of Homeland Security.
Job: ENGI - Engineering & Technical Service
Organization: N-CMN/FB-Operations Freeport-60000070
Title: Technology Engineer III
Requisition ID: 1805197