Lockheed Martin System Architect in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: This position is for the F-22 Integrated Maintenance Information System (IMIS) architect. The IMIS architect is responsible for the overall IMIS architectural vision and roadmap and has the responsibility for ensuring that the development teams implement to that vision. The architect is responsible for coordination within and across other IPTs and organizations which impact IMIS’s system architecture. The architect guides the individual agile teams from a high level technical perspective and defines design patterns/tenants that the teams are to adhere to ensure a coherent system of systems perspective. Some of the detailed tasks performed by the IMIS architect are as follows:
1) Defines and documents the system level architecture and sets the vision for the subsystem architecture accommodating security, hardware and commonality constraints
2) Review/Approve System Level Control Strategies
3) Manage technical debt
4) Sets the design and interface tenets
5) Oversees creation of database and interface design descriptions
6) Creates high level design and guides the SW architect and team designers with implementation
7) Takes capabilities from PM and decomposes into architectural construct – hands off to the RTE, SW architect and teams
8) Co-chairs Design Reviews with approval for entry/exit, readiness and completion
Experience and expertise in information system and software architecture
Experience integrating hardware, operating systems and software applications
Extensive experience and expertise in the full life cycle development of software and systems
Experience acting as the technical lead for a large program
Experience developing applications using C++, web services and/or micro-services
Leadership experience and proven ability to delegate and manage diverse efforts
Systems engineering expertise
Hardware development expertise
Software development across multiple domains
Experience acting as the software engineering technical lead for a large program
Development experience in Solaris development environment
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.