Air National Guard Units Production Controller (Aircraft) (Title 32) in Fort Worth, Texas
THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This position is part of the 136th Airlift Wing and is located in NAS Fort Worth JRB, Texas. The purpose of the position is to perform preliminary planning and long term scheduling for the utilization and maintenance of all assigned aerospace vehicles, propulsion units/associated equipment and related support training equipment, and to perform duties related to the documentation function.
Texas National Guard Job Opportunities
Learn more about this agency
As a Production Controller (Aircraft) (Title 32) with the Texas Air National Guard, your duties will include, but will not be limited to:
- Coordinates and develops operational and maintenance requirements for all assigned aerospace vehicles and related support and training equipment into long range, quarterly, monthly and weekly plans to produce a schedule which makes efficient use of resources.
- Schedules and conducts daily maintenance planning meeting to refine and incorporate unscheduled maintenance requirements into the Weekly to Daily Maintenance Plans and workload requirement.
- Preplans requirements to support operational launch schedules, emergency war orders (EWO) and contingency plans. Designates and schedules aerospace vehicle for maintenance training purposes. Plans and schedules time compliance technical order (TCTO) accomplishment.
- Represents the Chief of Maintenance in coordinating actions such as aircraft and equipment utilization, sortie rates, flying hours and simulator utilization with the Air Commander, Operations and other members of the flight scheduling committee.
- Performs other duties as assigned. The full Position Description (PD) can be found at the following link: GS-1152-9, NGD0752000
- #### Job family (Series)
1152 Production Control
Conditions of Employment
Appointment Factor(s):This is an Excepted Service position that requires active membership in a compatible military assignment in the Texas Air National Guard and wear of the military uniform. Applicants who are not currently a member of the Texas Air National Guard must be eligible for immediate membership and employment in the Texas Air National Guard. If you are not sure you are eligible for military membership, please contact a Texas Air National Guard recruiter before applying for this position.
Areas of Consideration: Nationwide Excepted. This includes:
- All currently employed full-time permanent, indefinite and temporary personnel of the Texas Air National Guard.
- All current members of the Texas Air National Guard and individual's eligible for membership in the Texas Air National Guard. Remarks:
- Selected candidate must have or be able to secure and maintain a Secret clearance within 1 year of appointment.
- This is a Bargaining Unit position.
- Federal employment suitability as determined by a background investigation.
- May be required to successfully complete a probationary period.
- Participation in direct deposit is mandatory. MILITARY REQUIREMENTS:
Military Grades: Enlisted: E-1/AB through E6/TSgt
Compatible Military Assignments: AFSC:2AXXX, 2RXXX, 2WXXX
Compatible Military Assignment (per UMD): Applicants must possess the AFSC to apply or be considered. Applicant must be Duty AFSC assigned to a compatible position in accordance with statutes and National Guard Bureau regulations upon selection.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To qualify at the GS-09 grade level, your resume must include relevant experience with beginning and ending dates of employment experience reflecting at least 24 months experience, education or training preparing job or work orders; scheduling various phases of projects into the production facility; following up to see if work is progressing as planned and arranging for adjustments in materials, machine processes, and work sequencing allowing for changes. Experience with current automation support programs to input data, provide status of equipment, and monitor job order status, monitor work priorities, requisition repair parts, track repair parts status, etc.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Incentives: Acceptance of a military Federal technician position may result in termination and / or repayment of military incentives. Please check your contract and contact your servicing Education Services (Incentives) office or the Recruiting/Retention office.
Veterans' preference is not applicable to this position.
If you are a male applicant who was born after 12/31/1959 and are required to register under the Military Selective Service Act, the Defense Authorization Act of 1986 requires that you be registered or you are not eligible for appointment in this agency (https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfRegistration.aspx).
If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Once the announcement has closed, your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine if you meet the qualifications listed on this announcement. If you are minimally qualified, your resume and supporting documentation will be compared to your responses on the assessment questionnaire to determine your level of experience. If you rate yourself higher than is supported by your application package, your responses may be adjusted and/or you may be excluded from consideration for this position. If you are found to be among the top qualified candidates, you will be referred to the selecting official for employment consideration.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
To apply for this position, you must submit a complete Application Package which includes:
- Your resume should include the following for related positions held:
- Work schedule (ex. Full-time, part-time, intermittent)
- Hours worked per week
- To and From dates (ex. MM/YYYY - MM/YYYY)
- Duties performed
- If applicable, please submit your most recent SF-50.
- Other supporting documents: Applicants may also submit the following supporting document type(s): Cover Letter, DD-214, and Transcript.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the online application/Occupational Questionnaire and submit the documentation specified in the Required Documents section below. To preview the Occupational Questionnaire, click the following link: https://apply.usastaffing.gov/ViewQuestionnaire/10338429
A complete application package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on the closing date of the announcement to receive consideration.
To begin, click Apply to access the online application. You will need to be logged into your USAJOBS account to apply. If you do not have a USAJOBS account, you will need to create one before beginning the application.
Follow the prompts to select your resume and/or other supporting documentsto be included with your application package. You will have the opportunity to upload additional documents to include in your application before it is submitted. Your uploaded documents may take several hours to clear the virus scan process.
After acknowledging you have reviewed your application package, complete the Include Personal Information section as you deem appropriate and click to continue with the application process.
You will be taken to the online application which you must complete in order to apply for the position. Complete the online application, verify the required documentation is included with your application package, and submit the application.
To verify the status of your application, log into your USAJOBS account (https://my.usajobs.gov/Account/Login), all of your applications will appear on the Welcome screen. The Application Status will appear along with the date your application was last updated. For information on what each Application Status means, visit: https://www.usajobs.gov/Help/how-to/application/status/.
Agency contact information
Human Resources Office
TX 136th Airlift Wing 200 Hensley Ave Fort Worth, TX 76127 US
Learn more about this agency
Once your online application is submitted you will receive a confirmation notification by email. Your application will be evaluated by the Human Resources Office to determine your eligibility for the position. After the evaluation is complete, you will receive another notification regarding the status of your application.
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/515932300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 11/03/2018 to 11/17/2018
Pay scale & grade: GS 9
Salary: $54,120 to $70,357 per year
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time