University of North Texas Health Science Center Enrollment Services Assistant in Fort Worth, Texas
The Division of Student Affairs is a full institutional partner dedicated to creating solutions for a healthier community by fostering student success. The division supports co-curricular and extracurricular programming, activities, and services to facilitate students' academic training, professional growth, and personal development. Additionally, the division supports students' needs, creating an atmosphere that stimulates learning, and integrates extracurricular experiences into the formal educational programs.
The Office of the Registrar is part of the Division of Student Affairs at the University of North Texas Health Science Center.
The Student Affairs Department at the University of North Texas Health Science Center is seeking to hire a Enrollment Services Assistant to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
- Establish, monitor, maintain, and oversee both the imaged and physical records of students and alumni.
- Assist students, faculty and staff with information requests within all areas of the University.
- Explaining policy and procedures to students and other constituents/customers in order to advise them of potential solutions to problems.
- Processes term registrations and add/drop forms of continuing, new students, and online programs.
- Answering phones, directing foot traffic and scheduling appointments as needed.
- Handles confidential information with tact, discretion and in compliance with FERPA regulations.
- Coordinates registration changes with student financials, financial aid and programs.
- Collecting and interpreting information in order to provide services to students and alumni.
- Promoting and supporting the Office of Student Affairs by participating in various institutional functions and organizations as needed. (i.e. Orientation, Commencement, White Coat Ceremony, Discover MyHSC Day).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of functions and procedures required for record keeping.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in making various decisions related to departmental functions.
- Ability to work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess the following required qualifications:
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- 3-5 years of related work experience in university regulations, policies, and procedures as well as academic record keeping.
- Experience with PeopleSoft.
- Experience in handling security sensitive information.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants must submit a resume and a cover letter with their online application.
Requisition Number: 5685
Job Title: Enrollment Services Assistant Enrollment Services Assistant
Quick Link: www.unthscjobs.com/applicants/Central?quickFind=60981
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-Time
Work Schedule: Monday-Friday
Application Types Accepted: Main Form
Occupational Exposure to HIV/HBV?: No
Occupational Exposure to Hazardous Chemicals?: No
Occupational Exposure to Tuberculosis?: No
Security Sensitive?: Yes
Require a valid Texas Driver's License?: No
Require a certification?: No
Official Job Title: Enrollment Services Assistant
Job Open Date: 07-09-2018
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Job Category: Professions
Department: Student Affairs - 300300