Lockheed Martin Electrical/ Electronics Engineer in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: Perform duties as an Electronics Engineering Senior for IFG electrical power generating systems and subsystem controllers. This position reports to the Manager of IFG Electrical Systems & Specialty.
The successful candidate will be responsible for integration of the components in the IFG Subsystem Controllers and Electrical Power Subsystems, but not be limited to the following:
- Development & qualification of new or upgrading electrical power generating equipment including generator, converter, inverter, battery, battery charger, and subsystem controllers
- Creation of subsystem hardware design requirements
- Creation of test plan and test procedure
- Testing of electronic components, subsystems, and system integration
- Definition of software requirements for the aircraft level operational flight programs
- Definition of firmware and hardware requirements for the electric power control, protection and distribution line replaceable units,
- Review of aircraft power system equipment design and component selection and specification
- Performance of system architecture trade studies and system verifications
- Field troubleshooting including working with clients over the phone, or on site to resolve problems that would prevent or hamper flight.
- Support management of diminishing manufacturing sources (DMS) by providing assistance in the selection and use of electrical/electronic components including devices such as microcontrollers, fiber optic transceivers, power management circuits, storage devices, switches and multiplexers, voltage reference devices
- Knowledge of aircraft power systems & controls
- Active Secret clearance is required.
- Develop and qualify electrical power systems & subsystem controllers
- Manage supplier performance for the procurement of electrical power systems & subsystem controllers
- Bachelors degree in a related discipline
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering highly preferred
- Develop components, subsystems, and system level requirements.
- Perform electrical load analysis
- Troubleshoot electrical problems in the production, test and field issues.
- Ability to represent the organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects.
- Ability to deal with highly complex and challenging customer and supplier relationships
- Hands on experience with any portion of the F-16/F-22 power system or power user equipment
- Experience with communicating cross-functionally
- Innovative thinking Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to perform independently.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and analytical skills.
- Ability to convey technical data and concepts in concise messages and presentations.
- Experience working with internal and external customers
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s team of 113,000 people works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in all 50 states and more than 570 facilities that span 70 countries.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where we’re engineering a better tomorrow.