AdventHealth Assistant Director of Nursing Full Time Days in Fort Worth, Texas
This position is located in Burleson
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
- Provide leadership in formulating the philosophy of the in-service education programs in accordance with the philosophy and objectives of Nursing Service.
- In coordination with the Director of Nursing, determines needs of employees and implements a program of instruction designed to meet those needs. Confers with supervisor/nursing staff to determine the need for training to design programs for increase job proficiency and morale.
- Develops and directs orientation programs for all nursing personnel.
- Plans, coordinates, and conducts regular and special in-service training sessions for staff to familiarize them with new procedures, policies, and changes in resident care techniques.
- Develop, maintain, and utilize records pertinent to in-service programs.
- Keeps current on professional and industry standards, regulations and trends by attending professional seminars, institutes and reading professional journals, and confers with the DON for any necessary revisions in current educational program criteria.
- Is aware of resident current care needs and participates in purposeful rounding daily to review resident conditions and staff approaches to resident care.
- May be designated as the infection control preventionist.
- Supervises the manner in which physicians’ orders are implemented.
- Participates in the hiring process of facility staff by performing drug screening, etc.
- Maintains employee health records.
- Attends staff education, training, and other meetings.
- Participates in monitoring staffing and schedules and assist in ensuring the nursing department is adequately staffed.
- Evaluates nursing procedures and makes recommendations for equipment replacement or procurement to the DON.
- Works as RN coverage on the unit when needed.
- Will utilize and maintain the mandated Education Manual as necessary.
- Assume the duties of the DON in her/his absence.
- Other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
- Empathy and compassion
- Effective verbal and written communication
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Astute observation skills
- Ability to follow set rules and protocols
- Time management and organizational skills
- Sense of responsibility
- Desire to work with others
- Understand and carry out exactly, detailed oral and written instructions
- Ability to keep records and make reports
- Ability to secure cooperation with residents
- Possess a working knowledge of nursing techniques and their relation to medical and surgical practices
- Ability to assign, observe, and evaluate those under her/his direction
- Exhibit leadership, creativity, integrity, initiative and communication skills
- Thorough knowledge of modern principles and practices of nursing home administration.
- Prior teaching experience
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Clinical supervision of Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Proficient in the use of a computer
- Typing of 40 wpm
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs