Lockheed Martin Aircraft Field Support Engineer Staff, F-35 Program in Fort Worth, Texas
Description: At Lockheed Martin, our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join our Aeronautics team as an Aircraft Field Support Engineer on our Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) team! This position will support the F-35 aircraft program in Iwakuni, Japan. The successful candidate will act as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft. The preferred candidate will be either a Vehicle System (VS), Mission Systems (MS) Subject Matter Expert (SME) or be an emerging authority who has the skill set to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of APG/Vehicle Systems or AVS/Mission Systems, or Supportable Low Observable (SLO).
The candidate will act as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics Field Sustainment Team's technical interface to the on-site Customer (both Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance and modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft.
• Accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of difficulties experienced in the field.
• Attend debriefings, to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
• Document all unusual operational / maintenance problems to ensure the company is apprised of and can identify emerging failure trends.
• Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identifying unique operational problems that require technical, procedural, or quality assurance actions to resolve. Provide on-site assistance to company and Customer personnel initiating ARs.
• Provide training to Customer personnel.
• Must be able to work with and interact with the maintainer as well as the professional engineers from other F-35 companies as a peer.
• Applicant must be able to work and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant and continued interface with customer personnel at all levels.
• Provide support for the assigned site on aircraft ground maintenance and operational limitations.
• Direct on-site support as requested by customer, site manager or program management. Lead and track multiple engineering and provide periodic status to Customer and Program Management.
• Some travel required; candidates must be willing and able to deploy with Customer personnel to the Continental United States (CONUS), Outside the Continental United States (OCONUS) and hazardous duty locations. Long term deployments may be required. US Department of Defense (DoD) mandated vaccinations may be required.
• Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Minimum 7 years of experience with Vehicle Systems (APG), Mission Systems (Avionics)
• Military aircraft maintenance experience
• Must possess an active Secret Security Clearance
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Technical Report writing
• Experience with drawing/schematics reading and interpretation
• Fault Isolation and problem analysis experience at the sub-system level
• Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
• Military Fighter Aircraft experience
• Knowledge of CATIA & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
• Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
• Vehicle Systems (APG)/Avionics experience F-22 or F-35
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs