Army Installation Management Command Maintenance Worker Helper (MVO) NA-05 in Fort Hood, Texas
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
This position is located at Belton Lake Outdoor Recreation Area (BLORA). Must be available to work Weekdays and Weekends. Duty hours are normally: 0730-1630
Learn more about this agency
- Works under general supervision and is provided work assignments, direction, policies, guidelines, quality of work expected, deadlines, and priorities.
- When required, assists higher level trades and crafts employee in accomplishing required repairs in maintenance work involving plumbing, carpentry and painting.
- Additional instructions are provided for new, different, or unusual assignments. Work is reviewed for efficiency, compliance with instructions, procedures, and safety rules, and end results.
- Maintains park picnic and pavilion recreational areas. Performs grass-cutting requirements using riding lawn mowers/ garden tractors (from 18HP to 31HP), push mowers, edgers, chainsaws, blowers, weedeaters, pruners, etc. Applies fertilizer.
- Required to operate up to 1-ton trucks. Performs operational maintenance on park vehicles and equipment. Weeds flowerbeds, prunes shrubs and trees, clear scrub trees and brush, and waters grass, trees, and plants.
- Performs daily cleaning and policing of recreational facilities and areas within the park. Cleans public latrines, party pavilions, and other facilities. Replaces towels and tissue and empties trash containers.
- Scrubs sinks, floors, and other fixtures. Picks up trash around the grounds. Assists in setting-up, maintenance, and takedown of all special planned programs/events.
- Sets up and maintains recreation equipment such as water sprinklers, picnic tables, barbecue grills, park benches, playground equipment, trash containers, etc.
- Performs routine repairs and maintenance on park equipment such as painting, replacing hardware, boards, etc. Assist other personnel in the completion of other in-house maintenance/construction projects for the park.
- Provides assistance to patrons by answering questions about facilities, giving directional information, setting up camping/party/playground areas and equipment, explaining rules and regulations, etc.
- Enforces safety, hygiene and health standards, policies, and regulations.
- #### Job family (Series)
4749 Maintenance Mechanic
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position to include a successful pre-employment physical.
- A one year probationary period may be required
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Have experience driving lawn tractors, and using tools and equipment normally found in maintaining grounds, facilities, and equipment.
- Subject to satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-13. i. Must successfully complete a post Defensive Driving course and maintain a current valid drivers license.
Must have work experience directly related to the duties to be performed. Must be able to understand oral English and read and understand written instructions in English to assure safe and satisfactory performance (reading chemical labels, operating instructions, assignments, etc.).
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: http://cpol.army.mil/employ/NAF/NAFApplicantInformationKit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- PCS Orders and Marriage License required if claiming Spousal preference
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
A career with the U.S. Government provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package. As a federal employee, you and your family will have access to a range of benefits that are designed to make your federal career very rewarding. Learn more about federal benefits.
Review our benefits
Eligibility for benefits depends on the type of position you hold and whether your position is full-time, part-time, or intermittent. Contact the hiring agency for more information on the specific benefits offered.
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN)
- Manually: A manual application can be obtained by contacting the servicing NAF Human Resources Office listed on this vacancy announcement.
- If you would like to apply manually, please contact the servicing NAF Human Resources representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form.
- All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00 pm on the closing date of this announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner.
Neglecting to respond to the job related questions will result in an ineligible rating.
Agency contact information
EF-NAF-W0VCAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT HOOD HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Hood, TX US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/502111000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 06/13/2018 to 06/29/2018
Salary: $10.37 to $12.08 per hour
Pay scale & grade: NA 5
Work schedule: Intermittent - 0-40 hours per week. Flexible Schedule.
Appointment type: Permanent