Army Installation Management Command Cook NA-04 in Fort Hood, Texas
The Area of Consideration for this vacancy announcement is Worldwide. (Military Spouse Preference (MSP) and Involuntarily Separated Military Preference (ISMP) eligible candidates are included in the area of consideration.)
Learn more about this agency
- Performs a full range of simple cooking by preparing and cooking items that require little or no processing, such as pancakes, sausage, eggs, hamburgers, and fresh or canned vegetables.
- Prepares hot cereals and concentrated or ehydrated soups, sauces and gravies. Makes cold sandwich fillings. Sets up and replenishes salad bar.Prepares food by peeling, chopping, grinding, paring, cutting, slicing and dicing.
- Operates a variety of kitchen equipment using gas, electricity, steam or microwave heat sources. Disassembles, cleans and assembles component parts and accessories, following safety procedures to avoid personal injury and damage to the equipment.
- Weighs, measures, and assembles ingredients for regular and modified menu items. Mixes ingredients according to precisely written recipes. Covers, dates, and stores leftovers according to established procedures.
- Uses and cleans a variety of cooking utensils to measure, weigh, and process food items. Cleans, stores, and maintains all equipment and work areas after each use. Cleans other work areas and equipment, such as worktables.
- Follows established sanitation procedures when handling food.Ensures that foods are stored at the correct temperatures to prevent bacteria growth.
- #### Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- Direct Deposit and Social Security Card is required
- Meet qualification/eligibility/background requirements for this position
- Satisfactorily complete an employment verification (E-Verify) check
- Completed and signed DA Form 3433 is required prior to entrance on duty
- Successful completion of Personnel Security Investigation Portal-PSIP within 5 days of receiving Applicant Action Required email.
- Satisfactory completion of a minimum of 4 hours initial food sanitation and safety training is required within 30 days of employment and a minimum of 4 hours refresher training annually.
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment background checks in accordance with AR 215-3, 2-15j(1) to include a medical examination.
- Incumbent may be required to complete a Tier 1 background investigation for a Common Access Card for physical access to federally-controlled facilities.
Work experience in preparing foods and cooking simple foods and short orders in a cafeteria, restaurant, or mess.
Demonstration of the following work behavior is desirable: a. Neatness and good grooming. b. Dependability. c. Ability to work under pressure.
- Manual Application: If you are unable to apply online, you may submit your application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative listed on this job announcement to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) must be received no later than 1:00 pm on the closing date of the announcement in order to process your application in a timely manner. Please note that neglecting to respond to the job related questions may result in an ineligible rating.
- Additional selections may be made from this vacancy announcement for up to 90 days after the closing date.
- Payment Permanent Change of Station (PCS) costs is not authorized, based on a determination that a PCS move is not in the Government's interest.
- Please check out our Applicant Information Kit to view additional information you may find useful when applying for our jobs. (Click hereto view kit or copy this URL: https://publicfileshare.chra.army.mil/index.php/s/uIDfgOMr6PWHHGS/download?path=/&files;=NAF%20Applicant%20Information%20Kit.pdf
How You Will Be Evaluated
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Applicants can claim the following eligibilities:
- NAF Preference - Involuntarily Separated From the Military
- NAF Preference - Spouse Employment Preference (SEP)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Business Based Action
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current Appropriated Funds Employee CNE (APF)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Current/Former NAF Employee (CNE/FNE)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Outside Applicant Veteran (OAV)
- NAF Priority Consideration - Spouse/Widow/Parent of Veteran (OAV)
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
- Required Documents
The following documents must be submitted with your application:
Optional: Job Application (DA Form 3433) will be accepted in place of a Resume.
The below items are accepted and may be needed to support a qualification and/or a claimed priority/preference:
- Cover Letter
- PCS orders, Marriage License, DD 214 Member-4 and DA 3434.
If you are relying on your education to meet qualification requirements:
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Therefore, provide only the attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Failure to provide all of the required information as stated in this vacancy announcement may result in an ineligible rating or may affect the overall rating.
Review our benefits
- How to Apply
How to Apply
You may submit your application package using one of the two methods identified below:
- Electronically (preferred) at https://www.usajobs.gov/ and search for Vacancy Identification Number (VIN). Announcement closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date listed on this announcement.
- Manually: Please refer to the "Additional Information" section of this announcement for instructions.
Agency contact information
EF-NAF-W0VCAA US ARMY GARRISON FORT HOOD HQ DO NOT MAIL Fort Hood, TX 76544 US
Learn more about this agency
Your resume will be reviewed to verify that qualification requirements have been met. We appreciate your interest in this position!
- Fair & Transparent
Fair & Transparent
The Federal hiring process is setup to be fair and transparent. Please read the following guidance.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The United States Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) for federal employees & job applicants
Reasonable Accommodation Policy
Federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process should follow the instructions in the job opportunity announcement. For any part of the remaining hiring process, applicants should contact the hiring agency directly. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis.
A reasonable accommodation is any change to a job, the work environment, or the way things are usually done that enables an individual with a disability to apply for a job, perform job duties or receive equal access to job benefits.
Under the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, federal agencies must provide reasonable accommodations when:
- An applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply for a job.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to perform the essential job duties or to gain access to the workplace.
- An employee with a disability needs an accommodation to receive equal access to benefits, such as details, training, and office-sponsored events.
You can request a reasonable accommodation at any time during the application or hiring process or while on the job. Requests are considered on a case-by-case basis.
Learn more about disability employment and reasonable accommodations or how to contact an agency.
Legal and regulatory guidance
- Financial suitability
- Social security number request
- Privacy Act
- Signature and false statements
- Selective Service
- New employee probationary period
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/521473800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 01/11/2019 to 01/22/2019
Pay scale & grade: NA 4
Salary: $9.90 to $11.53 per hour New hires with start at beginning rate of pay.
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Intermittent - This is a Flexible position 0-40 per week.