Elements Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner (Contractor) in Euless, Texas
The Nurse Practitioner provides direct patient care, including the reporting of observed changes in mental status and/or physical condition, responds to patient emergencies and ensures overall high standards for patient care.
- Coordinates with attending physicians to ensure all admission orders are addressed and appropriate ancillary assessments and services are provided.
- Completes documentation timely and accurately, including, transcription of orders, medication logs, discharge paperwork, and status of patient treatment plans.
- Properly reviews and maintains documentation and management of medications.
- Development and implementation of quality assurance for infection control, nursing, pharmaceutical, ancillary, and laboratory services
- Attendance and participation in terms of treatment planning conferences and professional staff meetings
- Orientation and training of staff regarding pharmaceutical and physical health services, infection control, and CPR & First Aid instruction
- Maintains are required for training, education and practical experience for state standards, certifications and licensing.
- Current and valid state license as Nurse Practitioner.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with patients in the in a mental health or psychiatric environment.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with all physicians and staff.
- A thorough understanding of documentation and the ability to complete all documentation accurately and timely.
- Two years' work experience in the field of Chemical Dependency is preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification is required for this position. If not CPR/First Aid certified at time of hire, certification must be obtained within the state mandated time frame after first day of employment.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled