The Michaels Organization Project Manager in Ennis, Texas
Our business is real estate, but our organization is so much more than bricks and mortar, beautiful buildings and well-managed properties. Our business is about people who need a place to call home and the people of Michaels who make it all happen.
The Project Manager will lead the Project Management (PM) Team, with management of multiple development/construction projects. Management topics to include; Design Management, safety, quality, schedule, cost control, contract negotiation, management of General Contractor (GC) & Owner Vendors (OVs), procurement, proposals, payment tracking, estimates, documentation turnover, client/developer relations/coordination, property management relations/coordination, and other duties required to manage construction/development projects.
• Position involves the development of affordable housing projects in the Mid-West Region of the US.• Position may require management of other PM’s and/or APM’s.• Manage the Project setup, Design Management, Preconstruction, Construction, and Post Construction tasks that fall within the duties of the PM Team.• Manage certain identified pre-development tasks, as well as, other tasks through Design Development phase.• Manage the development and review of internal and external reports including: project budgeting, project cash flow forecast, GC pay application tracking, and project status report.• Take the lead with negotiating, approving and executing prime GC contract, vendor contracts, and change orders.• Manage the review and implementation of multiple project specifications, drawing releases and design changes, including all project specific governmental agencies or municipal agency project requirements.• Manage internal and external project risk reviews and communicating project status, with regard to risks, schedule, and costs to all stakeholders.• Manage the implementation of the Project Development Task Responsibilities Checklist, for each specific project.• Manage the GC bid process and prepare detailed scope of work documents for OVs contracts, including prequalifying and selecting GC and OVs.• Manage the Prime Contract, Subcontractor, and Supplier invoicing process.• Adhere to project documentation and filing systems.• Manage securing applicable project permits.• Manage oversight of Safety & Health performance of the GC and OVs.• Participate in project safety, quality, progress and financial audits and assessments as required.• Manage the GC change order management process and delay claims.• Attend and participate in project and corporate meetings as needed. Generate Meeting Minutes• Manage the project turnover documentation, recordkeeping/retention, warranty administration and project closeout.• Manage compliance of company policies in all project aspects.• All other duties as assigned.
• This position requires a minimum of a four (4) year bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution and five (5) years of related experience OR a minimum of ten (10) years project management experience in the construction industry.• Candidate must have experience in the development and construction of affordable housing.• Candidate must be proficient with operating computer software. Software includes but is not limited to Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access), Adobe Acrobat, document control, scheduling (Primavera/MS Project/Other), cost control, and project management software.• Candidate must be a self-starter, and show that he/she is able to take the initiative and lead the team of design and construction professionals successfully.
• BS required, or Project Management experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Abilities:
• Candidates must be of high integrity and conduct themselves in a professional and ethical manner.
• Up to 20% overnight travel may be required.• Occasional visits to a projects construction site.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Location9918 - Ennis TX