The Tatitlek Corporation Security Guard - El Paso in El Paso, Texas
Tracking Code 3737-205 Job Description
Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
The Security Guard enforces regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security. Exercises judgment and uses discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies, determining whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keep situations under control or surveillance, or to report incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling. Duties require specialized training in methods and techniques of protecting controlled areas. Performs guard duties. Required to demonstrate proficiency with firearms and other special weapons, and to meet rigorous physical fitness standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Report to work in the proper uniform and maintain the appropriate uniform at all times while on duty.
- Performs security guard duties.
- Must be able to enforce regulations and procedures designed to prevent breaches of security.
- Must exercise judgment and use discretion in responding to incidents and emergencies.
- Must have the ability to determine whether to intervene directly, ask for assistance as time permits, keeps situations under control or surveillance and to report the incident or situation to the appropriate authority for handling.
- Must be able to work beyond 8 hours per day when required.
- Must be able to work Day, Swing or Night shift as assigned.
- Must be a US citizen and possess/maintain a SECRET clearance.
- Must be a Level III commissioned security officer
- Must have completed the Basic DHS/FPS SGIM/SMART Book Training course
- Must be highly organized and have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to interface with personnel and other government agencies at all levels.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Knowledge of office policies, practices and procedures.
- Ability to work independently.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential and marginal functions require maintaining physical condition necessary for: bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time, often in rough terrain and in severe weather; moving or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds; operating through extended periods of high stress. Must possess: visual acuity to review written documentation; ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels and on the telephone; and the manual dexterity to operate a cell phone, handheld radio, telephone and keyboard.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Field conditions prevail: Area is subject to blowing dust and sand with temperatures ranging from 10(-) degrees F in the winter to 125(+) degrees F in the summer. Routinely work 10(+) hours per day.
Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance. In addition, a satisfactory background screening, negative drug test, positive references and proof of identity and legal authorization to work in the United States and for TTI are required.
Native preference applies
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veterans status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or any other status protected by law
Job Location El Paso, Texas, United States Position Type Full-Time/Regular