HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Radiology Diagnostics, Radiology Technician II Registered, Evenings in El Paso, Texas
About Las Palmas Medical Center
Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the direction of the Radiologist, performs Radiology services at a technical level requiring no constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgement, with ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedures required. Recognizes the purpose of employment is to prioritize the patient as number one, and to put forth the utmost quality as a Technologist. Performs examinations on patients of various ages from pediatric to geriatric.* *
POPULATION SERVED: Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served for radiologic exams: Skeletal and all body systems including but not limited to: pulmonary, cardiac, cardiovascular, GI, GU, GYN, Oncology, etc.
*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: *
- Identifies patient service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Ensures operation of radiology equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains radiology supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Gains patient cooperation by reducing anxieties; providing explanations of treatment; answering questions.
- Prepares patient for radiological procedure by positioning patient; adjusting immobilization devices; moving equipment into specified position; adjusting equipment controls to set exposure factors.
- Minimizes radiation to patient and staff by practicing radiation protection techniques, using beam restrictive devices, patient shielding, and knowledge of exposure factors.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols; following drug protocols in case of reactions to drugs, such as contrast media, administering first aid, and using the emergency cart.
- Maintains production and quality of radiographs by following established standards and procedures; processing radiographs; observing radiographic results; making necessary adjustments.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Assist physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque media, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required.
- Receives verbal orders for examinations from a responsible practitioner in keeping with the state license.
1. 1. 1. *
_REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS_ Licensed as a Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist with Texas Medical Board ARRT Registry (R) certification CPR Certification
*REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE* High School Graduate Graduate of a CAAHEP or JRCERT accredited Radiologic Technology program of study Comprehensive knowledge of anatomy, positioning, radiographic techniques, and radiation protection concepts and techniques Knowledge of radiographic physics and medical terminology Ability to lift in excess of 100 pounds with assistance of staff Knowledge of department, hospital and universal infection control policies. Must have effective communication and listening skills Must attend all department/hospital-mandated classes such as infection control, fire, safety, etc, in a twelve-month period
Title: Radiology Diagnostics, Radiology Technician II Registered, Evenings
Location: Texas-El Paso-Las Palmas Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01515-20840