HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Patient Care Tech PCT Telemetry in El Paso, Texas
About Las Palmas Medical Center Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive services and special expertise in Emergency Room Medicine (Level III Trauma), Cardiology, Women’s Services, Labor & Delivery, Neonatal Intensive Care, Neuroscience, Pediatric care, and Wound Care Management. Las Palmas Medical Center is also the only Kidney Transplant Center in the Region. Las Palmas Rehabilitation Hospital is a separate facility with newly renovated patient rooms, exercise equipment and cafeteria. The physicians, nurses and staff at our 325-bed facility are committed to caring for our community with compassionate, quality healthcare.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, student loan assistance program, and employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living. Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the PCT assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the PCT’s skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment. The PCT complies with all hospital policies/procedures and observes the State Board of Nursing rules for unlicensed personnel.
- Participates in the implementation of nursing care plans by performing direct and indirect patient care under the supervision of the licensed nurse.
- Obtains and records initial and ongoing patient information throughout the cycle of care, including admissions data, vital signs, height and weight, blood pressure, oxygen saturation, blood glucose levels, intake and output, and calorie counts.
- Documents observations, interactions, patient responses to performed activities, and any physical or behavioral changes at time of occurrence. Reports observations of individual patients to the RN/Team Leader.
- Assists with mobility by regular turning and positioning, dangling, and ambulating patients. Assists with use of walkers, crutches, canes, and wheelchairs. Transfers patients to and from other units, departments, or entities. Assists with discharges. Demonstrates proper body mechanics.
- Provides or assists with non-medicated support care, including non-sterile dressing changes, skin protection, application of heat or ice, and venous compression devices.
- Obtains or assists in the collection of specimens for diagnostic or waived tests. Ensures accuracy of all labels and timely transfer of specimen.
- Retrieves medication from pharmacy, storage room, or tube system and delivers to licensed staff member as instructed.
- Assists with patient preparation for surgery or other procedure.
- Orients patients/families/caregivers to room and hospital routine.
- Assists patients with activities of daily living to include eating and drinking, bathing, shaving, oral care, grooming, and elimination. Changes bed linens as needed.
- Performs hourly rounding and responds promptly to call lights and patient requests. Strives to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Follows patient and employee safety/security policies and protocols, including hand hygiene, use of universal precautions, use of personal protective equipment, and adherence to isolation procedures.
- Prepares and maintains clean, hazard-free patient rooms. Empties trash and removes soiled linens.
- Assists with post-mortem care.
- Assists in the setup, removal, and cleaning of equipment. Identifies malfunctioning equipment and initiates repairs.
- Performs clerical work as needed, including assembling and maintain charts, filing, answering and transferring phones, and relaying messages.
- Promotes consistent, positive patient interactions that advance the agenda of unparalleled patient service.
- Demonstrates caring and empathy in all interactions and advocates for patient- and family-centered approach in all decisions and actions.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills, including active listening. Ensures patients, physicians, and colleagues have a clear understanding of all communications.
- Engages in evidence-based best practices that enhance the patient experience, including SAFETY rounding, communication fundamentals/AIDET, Teach-Back, Narrating Care, etc.
- Participates as an active member of the health care team and positively promotes the rest of the team to patients/families/caregivers and other colleagues.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demonstrates behaviors consistent with established policies/procedures.
- Assists with orientation of new personnel as directed. Serves as a positive role model and resource for peers.
- Seeks opportunities to impact the growth of the organization by promoting excellence in patient experience and providing high quality care to the patients served
- Monitors unit and individual patient rooms to assess availability of supplies. Restocks to optimum levels as instructed.
- Utilizes charge system for supplies and equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Practices and adheres to the “Code of Conduct” and “Mission and Value Statement.”
Education and Experience: CNA training program preferred 1 years in acute care hospital setting preferred
Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Patient Care Tech PCT Telemetry
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-24310