HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Tech PRN in El Paso, Texas
About Del Sol Medical Center
Since 1974, Del Sol Medical Center has provided quality healthcare to El Paso and the surrounding region. As a full-service, acute care hospital in East El Paso with a Level II Trauma designation in Emergency Services, we continue to expand our services to meet the growing needs of our tristate community, providing special expertise in Cardiology, Maternity & Child Services, a Level III NICU, a Center of Excellence designation for our Bariatric Clinic, a Level II Trauma Center, and a newly renovated 32-bed Rehabilitation Hospital.
The physicians, nurses and staff at our 350-bed hospital are committed to providing the highest quality care with compassion and integrity.
We offer an excellent total compensation package, for various positions including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, student loan assistance, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, Student Loan Assistance Program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
* * *POSITION SUMMARY: * Under general supervision, performs routine, complex or specialized bacteriological, hematological, chemical, immunological, serological and immunoassay procedures on body fluids which will aid in the diagnosis and evaluation of the treatment of diseases while maintaining the highest standards of medical technology. He/she must maintain the highest standards of any and all accrediting agencies. Performs related quality control and clerical work as required. * * *POPULATION SERVED: * Clinical Laboratory services performed on patients from Neonate to Geriatric ages.
* ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Effectively uses laboratory equipment
- Performs and reports testing on QC and patient specimens rapidly and without delay.
- Demonstrates competence in performing testing procedures.
Other duties as assigned.
* PERFORMANCE OUTCOMES:
- Individual Leadership: Demonstrates confidence in own skills, knowledge and ability and opportunities for personal growth and ability to accept and adapt change.
- Customer Service: Demonstrates customer service skills with both internal and external customers.
- Transcultural Sensitivity: Treats patients/customers as individuals with unique values, beliefs, and practices.
- Risk Management/Patient/Customer Safety: Demonstrates patient/customer safety according to policies and procedures.
- Educator: Identifies, implements, and/or evaluates opportunities for patient/family education.
- Infection Control: Demonstrates infection control practices congruent with policies and procedures.
- Performance Improvement: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates performance improvement activities at the department level.
- Financial Accountability: Identifies opportunities for waste reduction and department efficiency.
- Information Management: Demonstrates adherence to information management policies and procedures, maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Communication: Works as a team member through interaction, assistance and demonstration of appropriate communication skills and reporting/activation of the chain of command appropriately.
- Practices Professionalism: Performs, participates, implements and evaluates personal performance.
- Ethics/Compliance: Performs all duties ethically, complying with all policies and procedures, federal, state, and local laws.
- Environment of care: Demonstrates accountability in role and responsibilities of the 7 Environment of Care plans.
- Job Specific: Medical Laboratory Technician
*REQUIRED LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS* Current BCLS certification required. * * *REQUIRED EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE* Associates degree in medical technology or clinical laboratory science. * * *PREFERRED EDUCATION, LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES* Preferred certification as a Laboratory Medical Technician, MLT(ASCP), or equivalent certification which is issued from a recognized accrediting agency. Preferred general 1-2 years of clinical laboratory experience or equivalent clinical laboratory training.
*SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES* Ability to relate professionally with people, analytical abilities, ability to problem solve, train employees and to interact with the team. Organizational skills, time management skills, written and verbal communications skills. Excellent customer service skills required. Ability to navigate through information using acquired computer abilities and skills.
Title: Medical Laboratory Tech PRN
Location: Texas-El Paso-Del Sol Medical Center - El Paso
Requisition ID: 01512-21200