Bering Straits Native Corporation Cook I in El Paso, Texas
Visit our website at www.beringstraits.com to apply!
Global Precision Systems, LLC a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation, is currently seeking a qualified Cook I for GPS El Paso, TX. Working under the supervision of the Assistant Food Service Manager, Cook I will act independently or assist in the performance of any and all duties necessary to keep the facility in full operation. Independently performs moderately difficult tasks in preparing quantities of quickly prepared foods such as steaks, chops, cutlets" hamburgers, eggs, salads and other similar items.
The duties listed below are not set forth for purposes of limiting the assignment of work. They should not be construed as a complete list of the various duties normally performed by the individual assigned to the Food Service department or those to be performed temporarily outside an employee's normal line of work.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Essential Duties and Responsibilities are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed for this position, and are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job. Other duties may be assigned.
• Prepare in quantities, by various methods of cooking a variety of foods including soups, sauces, meats, fish, vegetables, baked goods, etc.
• Prepare foods for special diets.
• Plan cooking schedules so food is ready at prescribed times.
• Insure delivery of food at the prescribed times.
• Provide the measuring, mixing, stirring, cutting, grinding, chopping and seasoning of ingredients according to recipes.
• Test foods for completion of cooking time and adjust heat controls.
• Monitor the baking, roasting, broiling, frying and steaming of foods as called for in recipes.
• Monitor the carving and dividing of portions into individual servings.
• Assist in the equipment training of detainees. .
• Monitor daily operations in food productions for conformance to establish quality, quantity, safety and sanitation requirements.
• Review menus to determine type and quantity of food to be prepared.
• Draw required cooking utensils from kitchen storage areas.
• Load and unload delivery trucks as necessary.
• Will perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform each essential duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
Two (2) years’ experience in large scale cooking
High school diploma or equivalent
Must be able to pass extensive background investigation and pre-employment/random drug test.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
Knowledge of food and preparation techniques
Inter/intra communications skills with employee and department head
Ability to follow Standard Codes of Conduct pertaining to interaction with the detainee population
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employee will be required to stand or walk for extended periods of time and push or pull heavy equipment. Squatting, kneeling, sitting, bending, reaching and climbing also required. Must be able to lift or push up to fifty (50) pounds.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Employee will be required to work in all areas of the detention facility working near detainee population. Employee will need to be able to quickly respond to change in work demands. May be exposed to cleaning chemicals and solvents. May work near steam or gas ovens that produce intense heat.
- No supervisory responsibilities.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
Shareholder Preference. BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, shareholder descendants and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Requisition ID: 3551
Bering Straits Native Corporation
- Bering Straits Native Corporation Jobs