Pep Boys Commercial Sales Specialist in El Paso, Texas
Icahn Automotive Group LLC (Icahn Automotive) was formed by its parent, Icahn Enterprises L.P. (NASDAQ: IEP), to invest in and operate businesses involved in aftermarket parts distribution and service. Our businesses have a singular focus: provide premium automotive parts and services at a great value. The businesses of Icahn Automotive today consist of Pep Boys® automotive aftermarket retail and service chain, Auto Plus® automotive aftermarket parts distributor, Precision Tune Auto Care® owned and franchised automotive service centers, and AAMCO Total Auto Care franchised service centers. The businesses of Icahn Automotive total over 22,000 employees, over 2,000 company-owned and franchise locations and 25 distribution centers throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico.
Responsible for providing superior customer service and assisting the store in achieving expected sales goals through in-store execution of various programs, initiatives and standards. Partner with the Store Manager of Parts to develop and provide inspirational leadership and direction to the Sales and Commercial team. This position will be expected to perform additional related job responsibilities as needed and assigned. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist the Store Manager of Parts in developing and maintaining commercial customer accounts. Maintains relationship with the Commercial Account Manager (CAM) to partner on outside sales support needs.
- Effectively communicate with all store associates, management, and customers.
- Supervise Drivers in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Manages overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of direct reports. Expected to carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Partners with Store Manager of Parts on interviewing, hiring, and training associates; planning, assigning work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing and resolving problems.
- Assist in managing and coaching Sales and Commercial Associates on customer needs and product understanding. Provides input to the Store Manager of Parts on scheduling, rewarding, disciplining, and coaching associates through associate observations. Takes appropriate actions as directed.
- Resource for technical matters, advice, direction and assistance related to installation and proper application of commercial parts.
- Follow all policies and procedures related to cash, credit, check, refund and return policies. Reacts to customer service issues, customer complaints, and/or business opportunities as appropriate.
- Strictly adhere to inventory control programs, in-stock standards, reduction in "outside" part purchases through secondary vendors, and proper ordering and returning of "special order" merchandise.
- Track sales trends by monitoring KPI's and evaluating various financial reports; demonstrates a clear and objective understanding of category performance.
- Key holder and responsible for basic and detailed opening and closing responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Completion of a two-year college, technical program, or one to three (1-3) years of retail and/or service industry experience and a minimum of one (1) year supervisory experience.
- Valid Driver's License.
- ASE P2 (Parts Specialist) preferred and ASE P2 (Parts Specialist) required within two years of hire into position.
- Must have basic knowledge and understanding of mathematical concepts such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, percentages, and fractions.
- Ability to apply mathematical formulas to calculate commissions and discounts.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
Physical Demands/Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Must be able to lift, carry, and place merchandise and supplies up to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Frequent standing and walking for long periods of time.
- Frequent reaching overhead and below the knees, including squatting, bending, stooping, kneeling, twisting.
- Climb up and down ladders to retrieve and stock merchandise.
- Communicate effectively in person, by telephone, or by using telecommunications equipment.
- Enters and locates information on computer.
- Presents information to small and large groups.
- Visually verifies information, often in small print.
- Safely operates a motor vehicle.
Reporting: Store Manager of Parts
Potential Schedule: Days, Nights, Weekend, Holidays
Type of Store: Supercenter
Job Status: Full-time
Location Number: 00698
Location Name: PBY TX Yarborough-00698