University of Texas Rio Grande Valley OFFICE ASSISTANT I in Edinburg, Texas
Working TitleOFFICE ASSISTANT I
Number of Vacancies1
DepartmentCollege of Education and P-16 Integration / Human Development and School Services
Scope of Job
To provide basic clerical support for a department. Responsible for the prompt performance of routine or repetitive assigned clerical duties.
Description of Duties
• Performs a variety of routine office functions.
• Opens mail.
• Sorts and routes correspondence or forms.
• Posts predetermined information to records.
• Answers the telephone.
• Files and systematizes information in a variety of ways, usually alphabetically or numerically.
• Acts as a receptionist.
• Reviews documents, books, reports and ledgers to obtain specified information.
• Issues equipment, records, receipts or supplies.
• Assists in the collection of data and preparation of material for periodic reports, surveys or publications.
• May run work related errands.
• Gives routine information to visitors or directs inquiries to appropriate personnel.
• Replaces senior clerical personnel on vacation or temporary leave.
• May perform other duties as assigned.
General supervision on routine tasks. Detailed instructions on new or complex assignments.
May supervise student or temporary workers.
High school diploma or GED .
General office experience.
Knowledge of use of personal computer, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software. Standard office equipment.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Office environment. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills.
Minimum SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Posted SalaryCommensurate with Experience
Position Available Date02/09/2021
Grant Funded PositionYes
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date08/31/2021
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non discrimination in it’s education programs and activities, including employment.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or firstname.lastname@example.org.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check ( CBC ). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Are you a current UTRGV employee?
- Are you now, or previously, employed by The University of Texas System or any of its institutions?
Yes - I currently am employed by the UT System or its institutions
Yes - I have previously been employed by the UT System or its institutions
No - I have never been employed by the UT System or its institutions
- Please select your highest level of completed education.
6th grade education
10th grade education
High School Diploma or GED
Associates Degree, Technical, or Trade School Degree/Certification or 60 Hours of College Hours
Bachelors Degree from an accredited university
Masters Degree from an accredited university
Ph. D. or other terminal degree from an accredited university
None of the above
- Please provide the field of study for your education:
(Open Ended Question)
- Please indicate the number of years of full time work experience you have directly related to the position in which you are applying for:
Less than 1 year
Over 10 years
- Do you meet the minimum requirements for this position?
Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Reference Letter 1
Reference Letter 2
Reference Letter 3
Certifications and Licenses
List of 3 References
Unofficial Transcripts 2
Unofficial Transcripts 3
Letter of Interest
Unofficial Graduate Transcripts