University of North Texas Sr Administrative Specialist in Denton, Texas
The Mathematics department at UNT is a comprehensive doctoral degree-granting department with 22 tenure-track and tenured faculty members, 11 lecturers, several adjuncts, and approximately 60 graduate students. Tenured and tenure-track faculty members pursue research in mathematics. Instructors teach graduate students, math majors, science and engineering majors, specialized service math classes for students in business and education, and university core math classes required for all students. At every level, mathematics department members are dedicated to providing students with effective, high-quality instruction.
The Mathematics Department at the University of North Texas is seeking to hire a Senior Administrative Specialist to join our team. Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- faculty and graduate student travel.
- visitor assistance and expense reimbursements.
- grant-related purchases for faculty.
- reimbursements for conference participants.
- grant development - assists faculty with grant proposals.
- maintains grant files.
- holds departmental p-card for grant-related and instructional purchases.
- preparation of payroll for grant-related pay.
- preparation of grant-related scholarship forms.
- social media liaison.
- website co-coordinator.
- other duties as assigned.
The University of North Texas System is firmly committed to equal opportunity and does not permit - and takes actions to prevent - discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence), and retaliation on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, family status, genetic information, citizenship or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, and employment practices. The University of North Texas System immediately investigates and takes remedial action when appropriate.
The University of North Texas System also takes actions to prevent retaliation against individuals who oppose a discriminatory practice, file a charge, or testify, assist or participate in an investigative proceeding or hearing.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of experience, education, and training. The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
- Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
- Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
- Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
- Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
- Supervisory skills.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
- Grant administration experience.
- Adobe Illustrator experience.
Requisition Number: 154018
Job Title: Sr Administrative Specialist
Official Title: Sr Administrative Specialist
Position Number: 00008122
Department: Mathematics - 122000
Is this an internal posting only?: No
Is this a security sensitive position?: Yes
Driving a University Vehicle?: No
Job Open Date: 06-13-2018
Job Close Date: Open Until Filled
Pay Rate: Salary Commensurate with Experience
Pay Basis: Monthly
Job Type: Full-time Permanent
Quicklink for Posting: jobs.unt.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=64877
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8 am - 5 pm
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and three professional references with their online application.