Texas Health Resources Line Cook/Cook II in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a Line Cook/Cook II to work Full Time and join the Food Nutrition Services Team!
The address is 3000 North I-35, Denton, TX 76033
Salary Range is Min. $14.02/hr to Max. $20.83/hr - Based on relevant experience
• Full Time 40 Hours
• 4:30 am – 1:00 pm
• 10:30 am – 7:00 pm
• Must be available for all shifts, start times vary
• Rotating weekends and holidays
• Responsible for all areas of production, including broth hot and cold production
• Understands how to read and prepare simple or complex recipes to department standards.
• Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes for quantity.
• Produce high quality products; utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
• Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste.
• Taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards.
• Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
• Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates.
• Demonstrate judgment and creativity in food utilization.
• Understands menus and recipes.
• Organizes work for maximum productivity; accurately reads, follows, understands production sheets, and avoids over production.
• Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
• Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
• Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
• Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
• Understands the FIFO system of food production.
• Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
• Employee maintains kitchen an serving areas in a clean, neat and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
• Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
• Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• Or contingent upon enrollment in High School or GED program with the requirement to graduate from the program within 1 year of hire required
• 2 years relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital or institution.
• FHC – Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire required
• Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
• Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance.
• Good communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment.
• Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities.
• Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Be sure to click on the links below for an introduction to THR Food Nutrition Services as well as what former and current employees are saying about THR!
Front of the House: https://youtu.be/YBua-rauWJQ
Back of the House : https://youtu.be/sP0zw_0du5I
For a complete list of Texas Health's Awards & Recognitions click on the link below.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.