Texas Health Resources Clinical Educator - Registered Nurse - Full Time - Days - Denton/Alliance in Denton, Texas
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire a Full Time Clinical Educator for our Med-Surg/Telemetry Units.
The location is Texas Health Denton Campus and Texas Health Alliance Campus.
Salary range is $38.55/hour – Max $58.54/hour – based on relevant experience.
• Full Time – 40 hours, Monday – Friday, 1 st Shift, may include some evenings and weekends periodically.
The clinical educator works within a specialized discipline to partners with leadership in the design of relevant education, as well as partner in the integration and deployment of that education across the system. This role is intended to be a specialist within one or two disciplines of nursing, allied health, or related specialty areas. The essential job functions for this position are:
• Partners in the development and implementation of clinical skill/competency development solutions, in service of the unit, department, entity/system high risk/low volume activity.
• Develops and implements clinical skills development solutions for changes in clinical practice, including documentation.
• Partners in development and implementation of onboarding programs, transition residency programs, clinical academic partnership placement, continuing education deployment, safety training across the organization.
• Helps move clinical staff through changes by partnering in the adoption of new clinical practices on the unit.
• Provide clinical coaching to staff in order to drive adoption of new tools.
• Serves as a clinical skill development consultant to management for assigned client groups: discusses and identifies skill development needs and participates in the evaluation and monitoring of competency development programs, life support
programs, onboarding programs, student placement needs, and processes as well as continuing education efforts.
• Serves on entity level root cause analysis teams, conducts board of nursing investigation practices, partners with Unit Based Councils, and serves on NCAP committee (as appropriate).
• Maintains entity documentation for clinical competency both in terms of tracking and local.
• Partners with Coordinator in the storage, filing, and documentations for accreditation purposes.
• Regularly communicate with client group to determine needs, outcomes, and satisfaction.
• Identifies issues and trouble shoots them as appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications :
• Bachelor's Degree Nursing required.
• Master's Degree Nursing, Education or related Healthcare field preferred
• 1 Year Staff development or adult education experience required And
• 3 Years Clinical experience required.
• Med-Surg/Tele experience preferred.
• RN - Registered Nurse upon hire required.
• Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills in English; current knowledge of professional and health care issues and nursing practice.
• Well organized.
• Must be tech savvy and have familiarity with utilizing a Learning Management System.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served. Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
Texas Health Highlights
• 2019 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
• 2019 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs