Daybreak Venture Certified Medication Aide in Denton, Texas
Certified Medication Aide needed for Skilled Nursing Facility! Weekend Double Needed!:
The overall purpose of the medication aide position is to administer oral and topical medications to residents. Incumbents perform these tasks as ordered by a physician, under the supervision of a licensed nurse, in accordance with state and federal rules and regulations, and consistent with facility policies. Incumbents also perform routine daily tasks required in maintaining the health, comfort, and well- being of the residents.
- State certification as a nursing assistant mandatory.
- State approved medication administration certification (where required).
- Complete familiarity with duties of a certified nursing assistant.
- Highly developed observation skills are desirable.
- Functional literacy in English is required.
- Tolerance, patience, empathy and concern are desirable.
- Vision must be adequate to read medication labels, etc. Daybreak Venture is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to our policy of providing equal employment opportunity to employees and job applicants in a manner consistent with applicable laws and regulations, including federal laws prohibiting employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, disability, or genetic information.