USI Insurance Services Senior Accountant in Dallas, Texas
TX - Dallas
The Senior Accountant role will be an integral part of the team producing accurate, GAAP based financial statements on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis for the company. Additionally, the role will evaluate potential changes to the current accounting methods of the company or new accounting rule implementation. The Sr. Accountant will be involved as needed in reviewing acquisition target financials and participating in acquisition due diligence. This role will have a high level of exposure to the Controller and SVP, and will interact with key operational leaders worldwide.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Assist with the preparation and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP compliant financial statements.
· Review and analyze internal results and manage the company’s consolidation process during accounting close.
· Review and recommend changes to the company’s accounting based on current or new GAAP rules.
· Work closely with the company’s external auditor to ensure timely completion of the annual audit.
· Manage the company’s monthly close process and ensure timely delivery of financial results
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and a current CPA license
· 2-5 years experience in public accounting (audit) or financial reporting/corporate accounting
· Superior analytical skills, and excellent written and oral communication skills
· Organized, flexible and easily adaptable to changing conditions, ability to work well in high pressure situations in order to meet deadlines
· Working knowledge of General Ledger systems, Great Plains/Microsoft Dynamix experience a plus
· Advanced Excel skills with a high degree of proficiency with PowerPoint
· Strong project management skills, and ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities
· High energy, high ownership of work product and dedication and commitment to driving results
· Ability to think creatively and to solve complex problems
EOE including Disability/Veteran https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
USI Insurance Services
- USI Insurance Services Jobs