Grant Thornton LLP Seasonal TRA (Tax Reporting & Advisory) Manager in Dallas, Texas
Seasonal Tax Reporting & Advisory (TRA) Manager
Grant Thornton’s Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals in more than 50 offices around the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The Seasonal Tax Reporting & Advisory (TRA) Manager works closely with clients and staff on various phases of project and engagement management for multiple clients during the firm’s busy season or other short-term period driven by business need. The TRA team provides a variety of services to our clients in the areas of tax outsourcing, tax and finance optimization, tax technology and implementation as well as IFRS conversion. The Seasonal TRA Manager is a non-career track rolethat provides an alternativeto year-round employment for individuals looking for the flexibility to enjoy otherinterests andpursuits outside of their time with Grant Thornton.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: * Run client engagements,which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing tax projects. * Review tax returns done by staff and make recommendations on return preparation regarding accuracy and tax savings opportunities. * Conduct primary review of ASC 740 income tax provision engagements. * Research and consult on various tax matters; utilize tax-related software to prepare and process returns and research tax matters. * Respond to inquiries from the IRS and other tax authorities. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, CPA, or JD/active law license required.
- Four to seven plus years relevant experience.
- Progressive federal tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Experience in Corporate income tax and strong ASC 740 Accounting for Income Taxes skills.
- Excellent analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP and tax compliance.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Experience in OneSource Tax Provision preferred.
- Ability to work additional hours and travel to various client sites as needed.
Title: Seasonal TRA (Tax Reporting & Advisory) Manager
Requisition ID: 049027
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs