Grant Thornton LLP SALT Income & Franchise Senior Manager in Dallas, Texas
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd., one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you'll work with a team of professionals, dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
SALT Income & Franchise Tax Senior Manager
Grant Thornton’s responsive, partner-led Tax service teams help dynamic companies navigate complexity and grow with insightful, practical tax advice. In addition to tax professionals across the United States, our Washington National Tax Office provides deep technical knowledge and responsive support in local, state, federal and international tax. Our tax services include: compliance, human capital services, federal tax services, international tax services, state and local tax services, private wealth services, tax reporting and advisory, partnership taxation, not-for-profit tax, and mergers & acquisition tax services.
The State and Local Tax (SALT) Senior Manager is responsible for the delivery of a full range of tax services for multiple clients in a wide variety of industries. Responsibilities include interacting closely with clients to provide innovative tax planning, consulting, and compliance expertise; developing and managing staff; working closely with partners and staff on client management, practice development and business development activities; and formulating and delivering innovative tax planning and tax savings strategies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities * Oversee the efforts of multiple client services teams on client engagements; plan, execute, direct, and complete tax projects in a wide variety of industries; and market, sell, design, and implement innovative tax-planning strategies for clients; and manage to budget. * Manage, develop, train, and mentor staff on tax projects and assess performance for engagement and year-end reviews. * Deliver a full range of State and Local Tax services including tax return preparation and review, tax research, preparation of technical memorandums, drafting client correspondence, and counseling client in defending against state audits. * Oversee multi-disciplinary, multi-state reviews that analyze income, franchise, sales and use, payroll, valorem taxes, and others to identify optimal filing options, exemptions, credits and incentives, and corporate structures that can reduce the client's tax burden. * Consult, work with, and service client to make recommendations on business and process improvement and serve as a business adviser to client. * Use established network of business relationships within industry groups to generate new sales opportunities. * Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- CPA or JD/active law license required.
- A minimum of eight years of progressive State and Local Tax consulting and/or compliance experience in public accounting or a combination of corporate and public accounting experience.
- Broad exposure to State and Local Taxes including knowledge in State Income/Franchise Tax, Credits and Incentives, Sales and Use Tax; must be eager to work on a variety of SALT issues and not specialize in one particular area. Experience identifying, negotiating and implementing state & local economic development incentive programs.
- Superior analytical, technical, and tax accounting/technology skills with proficiency in US GAAP, tax compliance, corporate consolidated returns, and combined state tax returns. Significant experience performing statutory income tax credit reviews.
- Outstanding leadership, business development, recruiting, training, coaching, and mentoring skills, coupled with excellent written, interpersonal, and presentation skills. Established relationships with various state & local economic development officials and offices.
- Computer expertise including knowledge of tax software and technology. Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Property Tax a plus Additional Information:
- Ability to work additional hours as needed and travel to various client sites.
Benefits Grant Thornton LLP promotes a nationally recognized culture of health and offers an extensive array of benefits to meet individual lifestyles. For a complete list of benefits, please visitwww.gt.com.
It is Grant Thornton’s policy to promote equal employment opportunities. All personnel decisions, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and termination, are made without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
FOR LA PROPER ONLY: We will consider all qualified Applicants for employment; including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the city of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. #LI-MR1
Title: SALT Income & Franchise Senior Manager
Requisition ID: 049035
Grant Thornton LLP
- Grant Thornton LLP Jobs