Erickson Living LVN/RN (PRN) in Dallas, Texas
At Highland Springs we are dedicated to setting the standard of excellence for employees with a steadfast focus on helping achieve their goals. We provide our staff with an engaging company culture, excellent work life balance, and a career where you can make a difference in people’s lives every day.
The Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) CC or Registered Nurse (RN) CC provides clinical leadership to the household including dispensing medications, observing residents’ condition and communicating with the Physician/NP and family /responsible party as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Care Role Model
• Interacts with all residents and families in a personal and caring way
• Treats residents with dignity, respect, and affection.
• Demonstrates enthusiasm, energy, flexibility in support of care team effort to maximize residents’ daily choices
• Actively participates in the Dining Experience, i.e., serving, clearing, cueing, and feeding based on residents’ abilities
• Works collaboratively with all members of the Neighborhood’s multidisciplinary team
• Actively participates in household duties, i.e., light housekeeping, resident daily care, programming, resident personal laundry
Gerontological Clinical Expert
• Use assessment skills to differentiate normal changes of aging from the pathology of chronic
disease (RN only)
• Uses skilled interventions as ordered to provide symptom management and relief
• Recognizes residents’ pain or discomfort and provides pharmacological and non-
pharmacological interventions to alleviate symptoms
• Documents in a timely, comprehensive and accurate manner
• Assumes responsibility for professional growth and meets mandatory educational
• Actively participates in High Risk Rounds
• Identifies and articulates issues to be referred to Corporate Risk Management staff
• Reviews, investigates, documents and reports resident/family complaints and/or allegations of abuse
Care Team Builder
• Leads by example
• Supports staff in taking initiative to get work done
• Builds positive relationships with team members, residents and families
• Individualizes communication method based on an awareness of diversity
• Attends Care / Service Plan Conference with team to develop strength-based interventions utilizing data obtained from standardized assessments (i.e., MDS, RAP process)
• Shares Plan of Care / Service Plan with all team members
• Maintains and promotes confidentiality
• Promotes positive team behaviors, recognizes / redirects negative team behavior
• Fosters collaborative teamwork by involving team members and being involved in decision making, problem solving, and activity planning
• Evaluates effectiveness of the team’s performance and gives constructive feedback
• Empowers Household Associate’s to share ideas, listens attentively and incorporates
information into residents’ plan of care / service plan
Compassion, Customer Focus, Managing Diversity, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening, and Patience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Current CPR certification
• Computer skills
• Complete a Safe Food Handling and Prepararation Class (within 30 days of hire)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
College/university or licensed nursing program as required by state Board of Nursing. Related long term care/assisted living experience preferred.
Carries out responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include participation in interviewing, hiring and training employees; participation in planning, assigning, and directing clinical work; appraising performance; coaching, counseling employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Strong written and verbal communication skills in English preferred.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licensed by State as a Licensed Vocational Nurse or Registered Nurse. CPR certification required.
Job: *Licensed Vocational Nurse CC
Title: LVN/RN (PRN)
Requisition ID: 18115799