TEKsystems Developer in Dallas, Texas
. To ensure user security, they need to upgrade their systems and technologies constantly. This role will support their Strut upgrade from Version 1 to Version 2. Strut 1 framework has many vulnerabilities, which means they need to migrate to the newer version. For Strut to be most effective, they also need to upgrade their application from Java 6 to Java 8, which this person will also support. They will be required to rebuild the entire application page by page. This is a critical application.
The Developer III position is part of a fast-paced software development team. They will assist in software development and maintenance of the current product suite by participating actively in all phases of the software development lifecycle. They should be knowledgeable of n-tier architectures and have strong Java Web Development experience. Will work with analysts, developers, and managers as part of project development. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
This is a fully remote opportunity
Duties and Responsibilities
Actively participate in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to helping finalize functional specification(s), articulating and implementing scalable designs, and providing deployment support.
Design, develop/debug, and unit/integration test programs in Java 6 or higher SE/EE and ensure all code is written is cross-browser compliant.
Expected to remain conversant with newer web programming technologies and be prepared to undergo training in said technologies as circumstances dictate.
Measure, review, and forecast project status and remediate project risks by actively working with the project team. Expected to take a primary role in addressing project challenges that affect software development by escalating appropriately.
Mentor junior developers in getting up to speed with the applications and perform peer code reviews as needed.
• Years and Type of Relevant Work Experience:
• Five or more years of demonstrated programming experience with at least 5 years in Java and Web-related technologies. Five or more years of experience in working with DB2 UDB or other relational or hierarchical databases.
• Expertise in Java 5/6 or higher versions of SE/EE, EJB3.x, JDBC, JSP/Servlets, Web Services, WebSphere, or any other Java EE server and SQL. Some Java certification a plus.
• Experience with Struts and Struts Migration (MVC).
• Working knowledge of the SpringBatch framework. Demonstrable experience of at least 1-year desirable.
• Experience with JQuery, Ajax, CSS, Angular, Struts or Spring Frameworks
• Good oral and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to guide junior resources with advancing projects of varying complexity.
• Some health care IT domain experience preferable.
java, strut, spring batch, mvc
Top Skills Details:
5+ years of experience and knowledge of Java 6 and Java 8
Extensive knowledge around the Strut framework
Experience working on a migration project from Strut 1 to Strut 2
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Ability to work independently and with limited oversight
Some Java Certifications preferred.
Healthcare exp preferred
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs