Washington Federal Credit Analyst (Energy Banking) in Dallas, Texas
The Credit Analyst is responsible for providing due diligence and analytical support to the Relationship Officer and Relationship Manager, Director and Division Manager. The Credit Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing credit information on current and potential borrowers; determines the advisability of granting credit for diversified types of loans; assists Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers, Directors and the Division Manager in writing loan requests; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good client relations and referring clients to appropriate staff for new services.
Washington Federal is proud of the high value that we all place on simply being nice when serving our co-workers and clients.
- Assists Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers and Directors in performing pre-qualification assessment and analysis of financial condition and risk of financing requests within the framework of the Bank's credit culture and current economic and industry trends.
- Assists Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers and Directors in gathering data from clients and internal and outside sources; prepares spreadsheets and analyzes financial information, including financial statements and tax returns; contacts clients for additional information and clarification of data.
- Compiles data from credit bureaus, conducts industry peer comparisons and performs cash flow analyses and other such tasks and comparisons.
- Informs Relationship Officer, Relationship Manager, Director and Division Manager when up-to-date financial statements are needed for commercial accounts; ensures credit inquiries and UCC filings are researched to determine credit worthiness and appropriate collateral positioning are achieved.
- Works with Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers and Directors to ensure that all portfolio management responsibilities are well documented and maintained in accordance with management expectations.
- Assists Relationship Officers, Relationship Managers and Directors in the review, initial approval and renewal of credit facilities and provides back-up support. May take primary responsibility for certain credit actions (approvals, renewals) per the guidance of the Relationship Officers, Relationship Manager, Director or Division Manager.
- Develops knowledge of relevant industries; as well as economic conditions (i.e. interest rates, asset values, competition, market conditions, etc.) that impose risk to the client base.
- Represents the Bank in various community, civic, and community reinvestment functions to further enhance the Bank's image and develop additional business.
- Reinforces the application of superior client service through his or her own example, along with appropriate follow-through with involved clients and employees.
- Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Assures compliance with all Bank policies, procedures and processes and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; adheres to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) responsibilities specific to the position.
- Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports the Bank's goals and values.
- Bachelor's Degree or approved equivalent combination of education and experience. Work-related experience should consist of commercial financial analysis or a lending background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal business school or financial industry related curriculum.
- Preferred two to three years' experience in financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Experience, knowledge and training in financial statement and tax return analysis typically resulting from a combination of education in accounting, financial and/or credit analysis or related areas.
- Strong knowledge of commercial, construction and real estate credit analysis.
- Ability to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from diverse groups, including managers, customers and members of the general public.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
- Strong math skills.
- Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; ability to write reports and correspondence and speak clearly to customers and employees.
- Ability to deal with normal problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations and apply common sense in carrying out instructions and solving problems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision while performing duties.
ALL ADDRESSES: Dallas, TX
FUNCTIONAL GROUP: Business Banking
Weekly Hours: 40