Graphic Solutions Group Buyer in Dallas, Texas
Looking for a career with a family owned company that cares about you and your career? We are searching for an experienced Buyer for our Purchasing Team in North Dallas!
GSG has been in business for almost 70 years and we continue to get stronger every day by recruiting and retaining top talent. We offer 120 hours of paid time off, holiday pay, company paid benefit plans, tuition assistance and more! Come apply and find out!
GSG is a consumable and equipment wholesale distributor fo rthe apparel decorating, digital printing, electrical sign, and commercial sign markets.
What does a Buyer for GSG do?
This position is responsible for purchasing goods and materials for the company. The position also expedites purchase orders, maintains vendor relationships and records, verifies on-hand inventory, and maintains electronic records regarding pricing for materials and supplies.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the following essential functions.
- Copies data and compiles records and reports.
- Purchases supplies.
- Performs data entry of all purchase orders.
- Sends all new purchase orders to vendors.
- Assists other departments when required.
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information such as price, availability and delivery schedule.
- Maintains professional relationships with suppliers and cross-departmentally with team members
- Prepares purchase orders or bid requests.
- Receives and contacts vendors to find out status of orders.
- Interfaces with all departments and resolves problems and issues as necessary. Reviews bid proposals and negotiates contracts within budgetary limitations and scope of authority. Helps develop the company’s inventory tracking system
- Contacts vendors with discrepancies with quantity and quality.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain or equivalent and at least 2 years of related experience in a logistics related environment. Must be proficient with MS Office products and working
knowledge/understanding of ERP/MRP systems and their use in logistics environment. Experience with INFOR-SX.e is desirable. Must have the ability to stay on top of workload in a fast-paced environment.
From: Graphic Solutions Group