Brinks Safety Manager - Fleet in Coppell, Texas
Safety Manager - Fleet
Requisition #:23940Location:Coppell TX - B0272
Functional Area:Education Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:Potential
Experience Required:5 - 7 Years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, currency and coin processing, ATM servicing and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees.
The Safety Manager - Fleet will assist in management with DOT Compliance and ensure FMCSA and US DOT safety regulations are followed with regard to compliance for the company. Responsible for data management, analyzing performance, identifying problems, and developing recommendations that support an effective Fleet Safety program for reducing accidents. In addition to solving problems by considering courses of action within the framework of management’s goals and standards. This position must be well-versed in Microsoft Excel and DOT Compliance knowledge.
• Manages documentation and regulatory research to insure full compliance with DOT and FCMSA rules.
• Ability to develop and write operating procedures for the full system of company-owned and independent operations.
• Keep informed about changes in applicable laws and regulations and informs management of potential impact.
• Work closely with Field Management to develop and execute continuous improvement initiatives and projects to drive cost reductions, internal efficiency and service improvements.
• Responsible for training field personnel on new initiatives and regulations.
• Work with 3rd party providers, as appropriate, to implement fleet management programs.
• Ensure full utilization of Geotab features in order to acquire data and ensure compliance with federal regulations.
• Communicate information effectively with all business channels of organization.
• All other duties as assigned
• 3 years of experience in the implementation of DOT regulations and compliance, required.
• 5 years of work related experience working with a private fleet, branch operations, specification and design
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills
• Works well with management, peers and subordinates, self motivated and team player
• Working knowledge of personal computer and all MS Office products
• Ability to meet deadlines and work independently.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Alternative combinations of education and experience may be accepted in lieu of degree.
• Project Management abilities.
• Excellent ability to communicate.
• Strong people skill and ability to work with diverse personalities
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to apply mathematical concepts and create spreadsheets and read financial data
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and prioritize their importance and meet deadlines
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts
• Ability to effectively present information to managers and distributors
• Ability to travel if needed
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
• 5+ years of Fleet Safety experience in a multi-location organization
• 3+ years’ experience in safety engineering preferred
• Associate Safety Professional (ASP) certification preferred
• Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification preferred
• OSHA 10 and 30 hour instructor training preferred
• ISO45001, OSHSAS 180001 and/or Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) training preferred
• Interpersonal effectiveness: able to establish, maintain, and foster positive and harmonious working relationships. Willing and able to work in a fast-paced, team environment
• Communication skills: able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, including preparation and submission of clear, concise and accurate reports
• Budgeting skills: able to provide budget input and understand basic principles of preparation and control of budget
• Strong organizational and time management skills: able to work independently, handle multiple projects simultaneously
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s, Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer, and is committed to maintaining a drug-free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top