Texas Health Resources Admissions Specialist PRN - ER Admitting in Cleburne, Texas
Admissions Specialist PRN – ER Admitting
Texas Health Cleburne seeks to hire an Admissions Specialist to work PRN/As-needed at their Emergency Room Admitting Department.
The address is 201 Walls Drive, Cleburne, TX 76033.
Salary range is Minimum: $15.00/hour – Maximum: $22.99/hour – based on relevant experience. PRN rate: $16.00/hour.
· Variable schedule to include days, evenings, nights, weekends and holidays.
· Must be available to attend 2-3 weeks of training/orientation initially, Monday to Friday; 8:00am – 5:00pm.
This position is located inside the Emergency Room. It is a fast-paced environment that requires quick thinking when dealing with emergency situations. In this role, the Admissions Specialist will be exposed to various clinical/medical/other emergencies as patients arrive to the ER. Most of the shift will be spent on your feet as you register patients.
· Accurately gathers complete financial and demographic information to ensure medical records/billing process flows efficiently.
· Obtains and/or updates verification of benefits and/or pre-certification for applicable tests and/or procedures.
· Prepares, presents, and thoroughly explains applicable legal, ethical, and compliance documents; ensures proper consents are signed by the appropriate parties. Maintains documentation of the same.
· Maximizes reimbursement for services rendered by appropriately identifying insurance carrier, benefits, etc. Prevents denials by ensuring timely notification of admission to insurance carriers.
· Assists patients in understanding financial obligations; collects co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances to reduce Accounts Receivable.
· Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
· Completes other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health Resources? Texas Health Highlights
2020 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (6 th year in a row)
2019 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (5 th year in a row)
#1 as 2020 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care and Biopharma” by Great Place to Work® and Fortune (6th consecutive year, 5th year as #1)
Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor (2018 and 2019)
2018 Indeed's Top-Rated Workplaces: Hospitals
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications
· High School Diploma or equivalent required.
· 1 year of related experience required.
· Other hospital and physician office experience is helpful.
· 2-3 years of Hospital Patient Registration/Admissions experience highly preferred.
· Medical Insurance Verification and Scheduling experience preferred.
· CHAA - Certified Healthcare Access Associate upon hire preferred
· CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training required within 60 days of hire.
· Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
· Requires knowledge of general office equipment, PC’s and associated software packages.
· Ability to type 35 WPM corrected for errors preferred.
· Knowledge of Medical Terminology highly preferred.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs