Delek US Holdings Operator Trainee in Big Spring, Texas
Big Spring, TX, US, 79720
Delek US Holdings, Inc. is a diversified downstream energy company with assets in petroleum refining, logistics, renewable fuels and convenience store retailing. The refining assets consist of refineries operated in Tyler and Big Spring, Texas, El Dorado, Arkansas and Krotz Springs, Louisiana with a combined nameplate crude throughput capacity of 302,000 barrels per day.
The logistics operations primarily consist of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek US Holdings, Inc.and its affiliates own approximately 63% (including the 2 percent general partner interest) of Delek Logistics Partners, LP. Delek Logistics Partners, LP (NYSE:DKL) is a growth-oriented master limited partnership focused on owning and operating midstream energy infrastructure assets.
The convenience store retail business is the largest 7-Eleven licensee in the United States and operates approximately 300 convenience stores in central and west Texas and New Mexico.
The Operator is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and otherwise running various machines used in the refinery process. This role is responsible for reading system meters and gauges to ensure proper product flow. The Operator supports the Unit Operator by reporting readings, opening and closing valves, operating pumps, taking required samples and performing incidental maintenance tasks. The Operator is may be required to join the fire brigade or emergency team.
• Monitor and operate process units utilizing a wide range of control systems and equipment that includes tanks, mixers, heat exchangers, pumps, furnaces and vacuum systems
• Monitor process indicators, instruments, gauges, and meters to detect and report any possible problems
• Make needed adjustments to keep system processes, including flows, temperatures, and pressures, within acceptable ranges
• Operation of manual and automatic valves, meters, pumps and transfer systems that move product between tanks and process units
• Employ standard operating procedures to adjust, maintain, start, stop production equipment
• Continuously improves one’s knowledge of the equipment and keeps up with changes in individual process systems
• Read unit gauges to determine the flow rate of product into and from tanks and the amount of product in tanks
• Comply with all Company safety and environmental practices
• Reports safety deficiencies and takes appropriate corrective or mitigating action
• Perform housekeeping to maintain a clean work environment and clean equipment such as filters, tanks, exchangers and other equipment
• Communicates with the Unit Operator, Maintenance, and Supervisor to make field adjustments in response to changing process conditions to address or prevent issues
• Safely collects samples to identify product quality issues
Required Education/ Experience:
High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
Must have a valid Driver’s license and a clean driving record
Desired Education/ Experience:
Associate or technology degree in process technology or science discipline
Training in emergency response
Two (2) years of experience in refining process, chemical facility or heavy industrial setting
Two (2) years of experience in mechanical maintenance position
Solid computer skills
Knowledge of basic science and industrial mathematics concepts
Twelve (12) rotating shift schedule, holidays, and overtime
Ability to lift fifty (50) pounds
Climb vertical heights up to 200 feet
Ability to work in confined spaces and wear self-contained breathing apparatus
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.
Delek US Holdings
- Delek US Holdings Jobs