Lamar University Cardinal Coach, Student Retention Manager #499677 in Beaumont, Texas
Posting Number 20111959
Position Title Cardinal Coach, Student Retention Manager #499677
Position Type Staff
Department Undergraduate Advising Center
Job Summary/Basic Function
PRIMARY DAILY RESPONSIBILITY: Identify students at risk of withdrawal from the university and provide connections to help them succeed in their fields of study and graduate from Lamar University.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Lamar University’s Retention & Student Success Office (RSS) and the College of Arts & Sciences (A&S) seek a Cardinal Coach-Student Retention Manager to assist with the college’s undergraduate student retention efforts. This is a full-time professional staff position who reports to the Director of the Undergraduate Advising Center and collaborates extensively within RSS, Enrollment Management, and the College of A&S, as well as across campus with academic and student service departments, faculty, and staff.
• Establish A&S student retention office and processes based on successful models and best practices
• Identify students at risk of withdrawal from the University and students with progression barriers, using extant and finding new data, and connect them with academic and campus resources
• Deliver student outreach based on data analysis, referrals, reports, and student needs
• Coordinate with A&S Dean, Advisors, departments, faculty, and staff to gather and provide information and reports on student progress
• Contribute to student success initiatives within the Undergraduate Advising Center, STAR Services, RSS, and other support departments
• Lead efforts and facilitate communication of Cardinal Coaches in all Lamar University Colleges • Manage and analyze A&S student retention data using EAB Navigate system, Banner, and similar programs • Assess, evaluate, and grow programs • Participate in professional development and student success research
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES: • Data management and analysis skills • Knowledge of university educational system and student retention programming • Computer skills, including proficiency in Navigate and Banner systems and Microsoft applications • High level organizational and interpersonal skills • Superior oral/written communication skills • Demonstrated ability to participate in a highly collaborative work environment • Demonstrated ability to create a supportive, inviting, and inclusive atmosphere • Ability to represent Lamar University with high levels of professionalism and customer service
QUALIFICATIONS: • Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university • Two (2) years of data management experience • Two (2) years of higher education experience
Lamar University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Veteran's Preference Statement
Lamar University is proud to provide employment preference to veteran applicants in accordance with Texas 805 Government Code, Section 657.003.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: • Master’s degree • Three to five (3-5) years of higher education experience • At least one year of experience in academic support, advising or counseling in higher education
Security Sensitive Statement
This position is security-sensitive and thereby subject to the provisions of the Texas Education Code §51.215, which authorizes the employer to obtain criminal history record information.
Posting Date 03/03/2020
Open Until Filled Yes