Merck Web Platform Developer in Austin, Texas
Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its legacy for over a century. Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
We are seeking energetic, forward thinking professionals to join our Global Human Health Information Technology group in a period of exciting change – where we are transforming the organization to be more digital. You will have the opportunity to work on global teams to identify the biggest opportunities as well as tackle the biggest challenges at the intersection of healthcare, information and technology.
Primary job responsibilities include:
• Contributes as part of a cross-functional team to the delivery of product releases against a prioritized set of requirements
• Works closely with team to assess level of effort required for bug fixes and enhancement requests in the product backlog
• Advises Development Lead on work packages and delivers in a timely manner
• Responsible for developing proof of concept capabilities within WCMS and provides consultative guidance on WCMS capabilities, features, and best practices
• Propose, prototype and evaluate areas of optimization for marketing applications
• Modify existing modules/features for digital marketing applications
• Drive continuous improvement of the Digital Marketing technology platform
• Become fully conversant with Merck systems development life cycle methodology and understand regulatory and compliance needs relevant to the digital marketing in the Pharma industry
• Ability to self-learn and develop business and technical knowledge quickly
Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with a strong understanding of digital We are seeking professionals with the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Education: Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field such as Computer Science, Information Systems, Economics, Business Management or Marketing
• 2 years experience in commercial (sales / marketing / Digital) environment
• Motivated team player with excellent interpersonal skills
• Minimum of 2-3 years development experience in .NET WCMS systems (Web Content Management Systems/Solutions)
• Strong analytical thinker and problem solver with a strong understanding of digital marketing practices
• Experience and familiarity with Agile (Scrum) project methodology and practices
• Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
• Experience with SDL Tridion and Tridion Docs WCMS in particular
• Familiar with RESTful APIs and Headless CMS best practices
• Experience with SAFe Agile methodology or similar scalable enterprise Agile development framework
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC Poster at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocselfprint_poster.pdf
EEOC GINA Supplement at http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeocginasupplement.pdf
OFCCP EEO Supplement at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCPEEOSupplementFinalJRFQA508c.pdf
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran – proudly embracing diversity in all of it’s manifestations.
Job Engineering, Development & Integration
Other Locations: NA-US-PA-Upper Gwynedd, NA-US-PA-West Point
Title: Web Platform Developer
Primary Location: NA-US-TX-Austin
Requisition ID: ENG004265