CDM Smith Transportation Engineer 8 in Austin, Texas
Our Transportation Construction, Engineering and Inspection (CEI) group assists in all levels of federal, public, private and international organizations by offering planning, design, and construction services for transportation systems that reflect community needs. Our value-added program management, best-in-class design-build expertise, and unparalleled sustainability and economic solutions, build partnerships and create solutions for current and future environmental and infrastructure challenges. CDM Smith’s CEI team in Austin, TX is seeking a Civil Engineer 8 to work with TX Department of Transportation and other CDM Smith clients. As a member of this team, you would contribute to CDM Smith's mission by:
• Assisting in establishing new and maintaining existing client relationships
• Assisting in developing and implementing new strategies to enhance our CEI capabilities
• Assist in planning and overseeing CEI work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
• Assist in planning, scheduling, and coordinating detailed phases of CEI work as part of a major project.
• Assisting in the various technical CEI aspects of the work.
• Assisting with providing technical guidance on unusual or complex problems for projects in the field.
• Acting as a mentor for lower level employees to develop and grow staff.
• Supervising the work of field inspection staff who are assisting on assigned work.
• Assisting with performance and client satisfaction.
Transportation Engineer 8
CDM Smith Employment Type:
Education: Bachelor's degree in civil, transportation, or structural engineering or related discipline.
Professional engineering (PE) license.
Experience: 15 years of related experience.
Travel: Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
Knowledge of highway construction practices and principles
Experience with TXDOT policy and procedures
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
Job Site Location:
Texas - Austin
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
- CDM Smith Jobs