MAXIMUS Specialist - Contracts (Austin, TX area Remote) in Austin, Texas
*Note this position is located in Austin TX. Candidate will need to travel to site for training, meeting and other work functions as directed by the Hiring Manager.
• Coordinates and responds to communication between staff, Executive Management team, and Manager in a timely manner.
• Facilitates contract compliance with Manager and Business Owners for all Enrollment Broker Project agreements – to include Vendor and Consultant agreements by ensuring invoices, deliverables are submitted timely and accurately.
• Evaluates overall Vendor/Consultant contract compliance by ensuring deliverables, invoices, and other contractually required documents/milestones are accurate and delivered timely.
• Reviews information for accuracy, discussing discrepancies with Finance and/or Business Owners, and following up with the Vendor/Consultant for additional information/resolution as necessary.
• Research and interpret Prime contract language for the Enrollment Broker Project in response to Executive Leadership/Corporate inquiries related to the Prime Contract Terms and Conditions.
• Generates Non-Disclosure Agreements, Amendments, and contracts for review by Director and Legal Counsel using Corporate/Texas Project standards, and information specific for each contract and/or amendment type.
• Maintains the contract files, filing systems, Vendor/Consultant spreadsheet, and contract library - while ensuring confidentiality
• Coordinates vendor invoices with Finance department and ensures proper approvals are obtained
• Monitors and prepares reports ad-hoc and contractual documents at the request of the Director to assist in monitoring the contract on an ongoing basis
• Assists management and legal staff with the negotiation and resolution of all contract related disputes and claims by escalating concerns to Manager/Legal staff, reviewing the specific contract terms (e.g., invoice payment terms), and providing an assessment of the situation.
• Ensures all contract related policies, procedures, standards, and best practices are fully documented and maintained according to MAXIMUS policies.
• Liaise with the Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) client providing information regarding contracts.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business Administration, Public Policy, Marketing or related field.
Skills / Knowledge Required: Knowledge and understanding of government contract administration and compliance; basic knowledge of Texas Health and Human Services programs. Computer proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point; excellent organizational, interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Knowledge of change orders and special project funding.
Skills / Knowledge Preferred: Preferred qualifications include computer experience in MS Project, Visio, Publisher, and Access database systems.
Experience Required: Two years’ experience in contracts administration, business development, administrative or management role.
Experience Preferred: Experience in the health and/or human services field.
Abilities: Ability to interface well with business professionals and non-technical staff at all levels. Ability to work effectively both as a team member and independently. Ability to understand and communicate contract language and identify changes in scope of work, as requested by the client; ability to develop contract language for change orders and other contract amendments; Ability to successfully execute many complex tasks simultaneously and perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment. Regular Attendance and ability to manage tasks successfully in a remote work environment.
Internal requirements :
• Quality and Customer Service 95% average or above for the last 3 months
• Adherence at least 93% average or above for the last 3 months
• Attendance: No more than 24 points accrued within the last 90 days
• Must have no disciplinary actions higher than a verbal warning in the last 3 months
Bachelor's degree with 3+ years of experience.
May have additional training or education in area of specialization.
Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope & complexity.
General application of concepts & principles.
Contributes to the completion of organizational projects & goals.
Frequent use and general knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
Applies knowledge and skills to complete a wide range of tasks.
Communicates on complex or sensitive issues or drafts such responses for supervisor or manager.
EEO Statement: Active military service members, their spouses, and veteran candidates often embody the core competencies MAXIMUS deems essential, and bring a resiliency and dependability that greatly enhances our workforce. We recognize your unique skills and experiences, and want to provide you with a career path that allows you to continue making a difference for our country. We’re proud of our connections to organizations dedicated to serving veterans and their families. If you are transitioning from military to civilian life, have prior service, are a retired veteran or a member of the National Guard or Reserves, or a spouse of an active military service member, we have challenging and rewarding career opportunities available for you. A committed and diverse workforce is our most important resource. MAXIMUS is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. MAXIMUS provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disabled status.
Requisition ID: 2018-34783
External Company URL: www.maximus.com
Street: 4000 S IH-35W