Mutual Mobile Senior Visual Designer in Austin, Texas
Mutual Mobile is a world leading agency in mobile and emerging technology innovation and we are looking for an accomplished and capable backend Senior Visual Designer to join our team!
We have built our success through timely bets on emerging technology and rapid execution of targeted marketing campaigns and skills development. This approach has resulted in a list of premier clients that come to us to build innovative experiences using emerging technology (Nike, Google, GM, Nestle, UnderArmour). We’ve seen this happen with iOS, Android, Wearables and IoT. We continue to evolve - it’s in our DNA - we stay on the forefront of innovation. Now, in 2018, we stand at the foot of a massive transition in emerging technology with the growth of Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, Voice, Bots, and more. We are ready to embrace these changes and to help our clients make the most of the opportunities they bring.
- Contributes to the creation of interactive design concepts through participation in brainstorms and other idea-generating sessions.
- Has a strong understanding of client’s business objectives, brand, and consumer to inform strong design ideas.
- Articulates creative concepts and designs internally to team.
- Helps establish look and feel of concepts.
- Leverages a strong understanding of technologies, user interface design and visual design fundamentals and techniques in generating an effective range of designs/layouts for elements of the creative solution that address program objectives, and are visually appealing and motivating.
- Expands personal knowledge of design and current state-of-the-art techniques. Has good understanding of digital best practices, with an emphasis on mobile.
- Designs mood boards, comps (with and without wireframes), concept sketches, presentation decks and storyboards under minimal direction of the project’s creative lead.
- Responsible for asset gathering/creation and organizing as well as prep for production.
- Performs photo retouching and enhancements as necessary.
- Researches and reviews suitable illustrations, photography or stock photos and sound.
- Prepares and presents layouts/samples for direction and approval. Incorporate revisions per client and/or team feedback as appropriate. Ensures approved layouts conform to style guides.
- Contributes to the creation and maintenance of style guides/online design libraries to accompany final deliverables.
- Assists project’s creative lead in necessary research and preparation of client presentation materials.
- Works enthusiastically, respectfully and collaboratively with other project team members, has a clear understanding of how a project team operates, their responsibilities throughout a project and what is expected in critiques and team meetings.
- Partners with user experience, technology, and PMO to ensure the project meets creative strategy/project objectives
- Has a strong understanding of technology requirements and how to design solutions that complement the technical strategy and/or partner with the technology staff to overcome implementation obstacles.
- Consults with supervisor or project’s creative lead to evaluate individual project needs and proactively raise issues that may impact quality or timing of deliverables and offer solutions
- Actively participates in team meetings to discuss assignment parameters
- Ensures that internal deadlines, timetables and approval procedures are adhered to for assigned project phases.
- Manages and prioritizes work effectively, and proactively escalates conflicts with workloads.
Community & Execution
- Responsible for giving continuous feedback to peers, completing self-review, inputting time consistently, and being aware of personal utilization target.
- Participates in community-building events.
- Contributes to the development of the creative team’s culture and quality standards in pursuit of elevating the creative product.
- Serves as a mentor to employee(s) on projects
Contributes ideas in client meetings
- May assist in developing client requested POV’s.
- Exceptional digital design portfolio with examples of mobile and touch work
- 3+ years design experience preferably in a digital or mobile agency
- Advanced command of standard design and presentation applications (i.e. Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Keynote). Experience with video editing, motion graphics, and prototyping software is a plus.
- Solid awareness of the digital landscape with an emphasis on mobile; including transactional/commerce, core product, social media, customer self-service, marketing, and machine-to-mobile experiences.
- Strong awareness of delivery methodologies with an emphasis on agile
- Has managed multiple assignments at the same time (including organizing and prioritizing workload, and working efficiently under pressure in a deadline-driven environment).
- Ability to utilize feedback/direction from creative lead to generate multiple design explorations and iterate those designs to the satisfaction of the creative lead
- Creative problem solving skills that enable you to evaluate a creative approach, brainstorm, and seek unexpected, original and innovative ideas
- Careful attention to detail and awareness of version control issues.
- Advanced knowledge of the production process (asset creation, specification creation, and handoff to development
- Competent understanding of technical and cross-platform implications (strengths and limitations of individual native, hybrid and HTML platforms)
- Good communication skills. Able to discuss your creative process, thoughts, and ideas, and develop a point of view about your work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in a collaborative environment with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Self-motivation – you like to figure out how to get the work done and do whatever it takes
Why work for Mutual Mobile? We make great products. We craft beautiful mobile interfaces and solve complex software challenges. Clients such as HEB, Google, lynda.com, Citi, Nike, and Under Armour come to us for our deep experience in mobile and emerging technology — from establishing a mobile strategy that provides impactful business value, to building those solutions from the ground up. We bring together the brightest minds in interactive & visual design, engineering, and business management to deliver solutions that actually matter.
You’ll love working here, because this isn’t a company of silos. Team members are empowered and encouraged to pursue cool ideas, think for themselves, and make mistakes. If your passion extends beyond the role, we’ll invite your views and assistance with improving our culture, systems and processes. We know you’re smart, and that you love learning new technologies--so you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects with many different types of people.