HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Respiratory Therapy Student PRN in Austin, Texas
Do you have the career opportunities as a Respiratory Therapy Student you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At St. David’s South Austin Medical Center we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Student Loan Repayment
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Respiratory Therapy Student like you to be a part of our team.
As a Respiratory Therapy Student, you will work under the supervision of a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) and deliver noninvasive respiratory care/therapy to patients without artificial airways as ordered by the attending physician. You will perform noninvasive diagnostic procedures to evaluate the need for, and response to, therapy under the supervision of the Supervisor or Charge Therapist
- You will administer therapy according to established departmental policy
- You will respond immediately to codes Dr. Leo codes and correctly manage the airway and external compressions under the direct supervision of a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP)
- You will accurately document all respiratory care interventions during assigned shift
- You will perform bedside spirometry and accurately record results
- You will perform peak flow, inspiratory and expiratory force and vital capacity measurements
- You will set up oxygen new starts according to departmental policy within 20 minutes of notification
St. David’s South Austin Medical Center, which is part of St. David’s HealthCare, is a 334-bed acute care facility offering a range of complex specialties and sub-specialties, including a nationally accredited oncology program with the area’s only adult bone marrow transplant program; a trauma program that includes a Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and critical patients; a comprehensive cardiac program; full-service maternity and newborn care; and two full-service emergency centers in the communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Respiratory Therapy Student opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Less than 1 year of experience required
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Respiratory Care program and completed two semesters. Active student status must be maintained and documented
Licenses and Certifications
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification as per St. David’s HealthCare policy
Job: *Clinical Techs - CV Cath Lab Surg Vasc & Central Sterile
Title: Respiratory Therapy Student PRN
Location: Texas-Austin-South Austin Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00196-78517