Holiday Retirement Prep Cook - Full Time in Austin, Texas
Prep Cook - Full Time
At Holiday, we are serious about helping seniors enjoy a well-earned retirement. If you are a talented and driven leader who shares our passion to serve customers and inspire excellence, consider joining us.
In the role of Culinary Prep Cook and as a member of the Dining & Hospitality team, you will prepare nutritious, appetizing and attractive meals in a smooth, efficient, and ensure safe operations of the kitchen area.
Culinary Prep Cook Competencies:
• Uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time
• Concentrates his/her efforts on the more important priorities
• Gets more done in less time than others
• Can attend to a broader range of activities
• Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for things he/she sees as challenging
• Not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning
• Seizes more opportunities than others
Dealing with Ambiguity
• Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably
• Can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air
• Doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty (multi-tasking)
• Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills to do the job at a high level of accomplishment
• Is tolerant with people and processes; listens and checks before acting
• Tries to understand the people and the data before making judgments and acting
• Waits for others to catch up before acting
• Sensitive to due process and proper pacing; follows established process
• Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish
• Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
• Review and complete assigned tasks to prepare the type and quantity of meats, vegetables, salads and/or soups, and desserts required for the upcoming meal services. This includes, but is not limited to: preparing salads, sandwiches, sides, jello, puddings, pastries, prepping vegetables, fruits, meats, baking, etc.
• Prepare food using Holiday menus and recipes and portion control, while following safe food-handling procedures.
• Fill condiments prior to meals as needed, setup dessert cart, assist cooks in serving, and portion fruit for next days’ breakfast cart.
• Clean all food-serving and food service areas and equipment, including ovens, fryer, hood, filter, etc as assigned. Wash and store pots and pans as needed.
• As a team member of the Food service staff ensure smooth, efficient, and safe operation of the Kitchen area and meal service. This may include assisting with serving or dishwashing on a relief basis.
• Assist in putting away all leftovers, labeled, dated, and marked for a designated reuse.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School education or equivalent
• 6+ months of kitchen food preparation preferred
• General knowledge of cleaning and sanitation
• General knowledge of safe food-handling practices
• Effective communication skills in English
• Ability and willing to cross-train in the areas of serving, dishwashing, and cooking in order to provide additional staffing resources as needed.
• Ability and willing to follow standards and procedures, and accept direction & training and work as part of a team
Hours: 11:00am - 7:30pm. Competitive hourly wage & benefit package (after requisite waiting period).
Please send your job inquiry with resume to:
Job Ref: 105134