Pfizer Pharmacy Account Specialist, Vaccines in Austin, Texas
The Pharmacy Account Specialist (PAS) is responsible for engaging field leaders overseeing major retail pharmacies to develop durable business in the community-based pharmacy industry for Pfizer vaccines. The PAS will communicate effectively with executive level field pharmacy leaders to understand and support mutually aligned goals for successful immunization programs. Additionally, the PAS will collaborate with Pfizer stakeholders to understand and where appropriate implement opportunities to ensure the appropriate use of Pfizer's vaccines and aligned resources. The PAS will engage diverse local stakeholders, combining innovative thought, entrepreneurial business acumen, and consultative account selling skills. This candidate will need to work with highly matrixed organizations at Pfizer and its customers. This position must collaborate closely with the Account Business Managers, National Pharmacy Directors (NPD), Pharmacy Support Representatives, Vaccines Sales and Account colleagues, Marketing, Medical and Legal and Compliance to plan activities to achieve national and regional Pfizer objectives.
PAS must strictly abide by all company policies and applicable laws and regulations.
• Initiate and maintain relationships with field leaders within the target customers such as Vice Presidents or equivalent, Pharmacy District Managers, Clinical Directors, Field Clinical Trainers, Field Operations, and other field pharmacy leaders outside the HQ offices who implement chain HQ direction to immunize appropriate patients/consumers.
• Generate sustained immunization initiatives with these pharmacy field leaders by successfully aligning Pfizer resources to a customer's immunization programs
• Responsible for pull through at the highest customer geography level working across One Pfizer to pull through tactics and drive appropriate utilization
• Implement pull through with effective project management to include field leader education and patient identification through HIT and workflow engagement tools
• Operate in a team environment that encourages innovative ideas and a culture of collaboration and teamwork. Be adept at creating a vision for the future and be able to create a pathway to help optimize the customer's vaccination opportunities in a compliant and engaging way
• Stay current and strategically align with our customers in the changing healthcare environment
• Work with customers to align resources and agree on working norms, approved educational resources, and shared objectives. Use latest educational content to address needs of customers
• Gain commitment to execute seasonal immunization programs or campaigns as defined by customer HQ and NPD.
• Work with NPD to understand the strategic plan for each of the target accounts, and the implications for how to prioritize accounts and implement the plan in the given territory.
• Contribute to annual internal customer plans in collaboration with NPD
• Maintain active customer plans and data sets via company planning resources; actively maintaining and sharing such information with area's business partner
• Develop a tailored account management approach to each account based on their needs and adapt in response to evolving account needs
• Facilitate internal sharing of chain best practices in patient identification, workflow, and counseling
• Employ strong pre-account management planning, effective presentation focus and productive questions, issue identification and effective solutions-oriented project plans
• Analyze trends, competition, past customer interactions, and other market data to maximize effectiveness of each account interaction
• Travel may be extensive with this role. The candidate should expect to meet with their customers both live and virtually as needed. Customer interactions may also include promotional exhibit opportunities.
This position is an individual contributor with accountability for collaborative matrix leadership of other customer facing colleagues with respect to regional or national channel accounts and must always model compliance and integrity.
• BA/BS Degree from an accredited institution
• 5+ Years' Experience - combination of sales and marketing in pharmaceuticals or related industries
• Demonstrated success working in matrix environment, leading through influence and orchestrated customer interactions across multiple teams in different organizational structures
• Demonstrated success in problem solving and entering new markets in a structured organization
• Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
• Demonstrated proficiency in executive level customer account engagement presentations. Account engagement presentations will often be directed at high levels of organized customers and will require excellent executive presence.
• Excellent communication skills to convincingly explain public health argument and clinical value proposition of the vaccines to target customers, and to influence the products' acceptance within the customer organization
• Ability to travel domestically and stay overnight as necessary. Frequent overnight travel may be necessary in most territory locations.
• Valid US driver's license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
• Extensive travel is required based on geography
• Preferably located within a reasonable commuting distance to a major airport in the following states - TX, OK, LA, M O
Additional position Details
Last Date to Apply: Mar 4, 2021
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus: No
Eligible for Relocation Assistance: Yes
Additional Location Information: TX, OK, LA, M O
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.
EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
- Pfizer Jobs