Stryker OnSite Specialist-Midland, TX in Austin, Texas
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Utilizes a wide array of knowledge, technical skills and critical thinking abilities to facilitate job functions during surgical procedures as well as preoperative and postoperative equipment management.
• Provides clinical surgical support by managing all relevant equipment.
• Anticipates related device needs of the O.R. staff and surgeon during surgical procedures.
• Is responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker equipment and or other related devices.
• Works with surgeons, O.R. personnel, central processing, biomedical and all other related personnel
• Maintains knowledge base of equipment and disposable products through Stryker education training programs.
• Provide physicians and OR personnel with information on new and current products.
• Accurately records and reports all surgical procedure information
• Adheres to all Stryker and medical facility policies, standards and procedures.
• Must be able to analyze and resolve both routine and non-routine product issues expediently using independent judgment.
• The ability to provide on-call services, as required, by the medical facility.
• Bachelor’s Degree, Associate’s Degree or equivalent certifications preferred.
• Operating Room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures and techniques preferred.
• Applicable for Specialists working in Sterile Processing Department: IAHCSMM CRCST Certification within 6 months of start date and on time yearly renewal.
• Ability to exert up to 50lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 20lbs of force to constantly move objects.
• Ability to remain standing and/or walking for an extended period of time.
• Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are essential.
• Excellent time management skills with ability to use independent judgment and critical thinking effectively.
• Must be able to explain and generate detailed guidelines and procedures.
• Maintain professional appearance, work ethic, and attitude required by Stryker and the medical facility.
• Adhere to (HIPAA) and other related patient confidentiality policies and procedures.
• Must have near visual acuity (corrected) color vision, mobility, bending, standing, stooping, and finger dexterity.
• Must be able to observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, product appearance, etc.).
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent equipment problem-solving skills.
- Stryker Jobs