HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Records Clerk PRN in Austin, Texas
Medical Records Clerk*PRN St. David's Medical Center - Austin, TX Location Schedule: As Needed/PRN/Flexible
Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application with HCA Healthcare today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
Our Medical Records Clerk PRN position is perfect for individuals who are interested in supplementing their income while gaining valuable experience with one of the largest healthcare systems in the country. As full or part-time opportunities come available in the department, PRN staff can apply and grow with us! Many current full-time employees started out as PRN!
Benefits of working PRN: • As needed schedule/flexible • Earn while you learn new skills • 401K eligible (with company match) • Save money on everyday purchases with HCA Healthcare’s Consumer Discount program • Opportunity to transfer to full or part-time positions as they come available!
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. Come be a part of the change!
As a Medical Records Clerk, you will be responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records from ancillary departments and nursing units. This position may work a day or a night shift, and work with limited supervision depending upon the staffing needs of the facility Health Information Management (HIM) department.
In this role you will:
- Retrieve discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier
- Place reconciled records in the designated courier bins
- Batch, label and route loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging
- Scan and index loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them according to policy
- Perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs)into appropriate systems (HPF/MPF, MEDITECH, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes
- Coordinate the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.)
- Assist customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing requests to applicable ROI vendor for processing, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
- Assist with the physician suspension process
- Process facility specific HIM mail
Assist with physician questions related to HPF/MPF, the physician portal, 3M 360Encompass or other issues that may arise
High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred. Parallon is an industry leader in revenue cycle services. We partner with over 650 hospitals and 2,400 physician practices nation-wide. Our parent company, HCA Healthcare has been consistently named a World’s Most EthicalCompany by Ethisphere and is ranked in the Fortune 100. We are dedicated to ensuring our patients have the best experience even after they leave our facilities.
HCA Healthcare is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Medical Records Clerk PRN
Location: Texas-Austin-St. David%27s Medical Center
Requisition ID: 25497-185677