TEKsystems Google Cloud Platform Architect in Austin, Texas
TEKsystems Global Services® is part of TEKsystems, the leading IT services and staffing company in North America.
TEKsystems Global Services provides a continuum of services ranging from engagement management to full outsourcing for applications, infrastructure and learning solutions. As a services provider, we leverage our talent management strengths to extend the business value of our client partnerships and deliver measurable business and IT outcomes.
TEKsystems Global Services is a fast-paced, growing organization with a dynamic and diverse work environment. Our strong culture is embodied by our core values— relationships, commitment, serving others and open communication. Our values guide our hiring decisions and shape how we make a meaningful impact in the IT market.
The GCP Cloud Data Architect possesses 3+ years of experience developing and architecting with GCP solutions and 10+ years in the Data Warehousing, Data Integration and BI space. This position is responsible for the development of data solutions utilizing both traditional RDBMS and Big Data, on Cloud platforms. The candidate must be well versed in multiple cloud platforms and be a motivated technologist with a proven track record of delivering results in software/technology consulting.
• Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
• Helping build rapid proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate GCP solution hypothesis with tangible work products
• Architect and implement hands on solutions that leverage the GCP platform
• Direct collaboration with sales teams to formulate and help execute sales strategy to establish TEKsystems Global Business Services as the partner of choice for GCP solution implementation
• Participating in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the GCP platform
• Conducting deep-dive “hands-on” education/training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using GCP
• Capturing and sharing best-practice knowledge amongst the GCP and Hybrid Cloud community
• GCP environment configuration, security and performance tuning
• At least 5 years of proven experience in designing and delivering data solutions from the ground up
• At least 5 years of experience in networking, infrastructure, or database architecture, in addition to primary application expertise
• At least 3 years of experience in GCP Cloud-based transformation solutions
• At least 7 years of experience in design & implementation of distributed applications
• At least 2 years of experience in working with software development tools and methodologies
• Excellent communications skills - At least 2 years of experience in presentation skills with a high degree of comfort in speaking with executives, IT management, and developers
• At least 3 years of experience in software/technology customer facing role
• GCP certification (minimum Data Engineer)
• Degree in a technical discipline, such as Computer Science or Math
• 10+ years of total IT experience
Recommended Expertise (Top 3 skills)
• At least 2 years of experience in “on premise to Cloud” migrations or IT transformations
• Well versed and hands on expertise in implementing GCP stack such as
o Serverless Architecture
o Big Query modeling and performance tuning techniques
o Experience in creating end to end data engineer pipeline in multiple ways using Cloud DataFlow, Data Fusion, Composer, Data Proc
o Strong programming any or all of the following languages (Java/Python/NodeJS)
• Experience in ETL and ELT utilizing tools such as PySpark and Talend
• Extensive experience in Data Warehousing and Dimensional Data Modeling
Nice to Have
• Experience in implementing big data solutions using Databricks
• Experience in implementing Kubernetes, Dockers, DevOps principles
• Deep understanding of other cloud architectures including Azure, AWS cloud, IBM Bluemix and differentiating factors between the components.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- TEKsystems Jobs