Hyatt Exercise Physiologist in AUSTIN, Texas
Miraval Austin (formally Travaasa Experiential Resort) sits nestled in 210 acres of the Balcones Canyonlands Preserve overlooking beautiful Lake Travis and just 30 minutes from downtown Austin. Our property is currently undergoing extensive renovations, and will soon include 117 guest rooms, conference facilities, a beautifully-appointed restaurant with an exhibition kitchen and outdoor patio, full-service spa with infinity edge pool, fitness center, horse stables and covered arena, farm, a challenge course, and many other facilities and amenities available to our guests at this all-inclusive resort.
During our time of growth and expansion, we are seeking an Exercise Physiologist to join our growing team and help us get ready for our re-opening. The Exercise Physiologist are expected to perform the following duties:
- Develop lectures from relevant peer-review source material and perform them several times during a typical work week.
- Provide one on one as well as group (workshops) consultation to guests in the form of data collection and needs appropriate exercise prescription.
- Promote consults in Fitness for follow up consultations as appropriate.
- Work in concert with the marketing and sales teams to promote Miraval’s business interests
- Remain current in knowledge of exercise physiology and the larger allied health related fields of research.
- Keep an open line of communication between the exercise physiology department and the booking staff so they are well apprised of what we offer and for who it is appropriate.
Continuously integrate new technologies and information into program offerings to ensure current information is offered to guests. As part of the Hyatt and Miraval family, we offer a complete benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance; 401(k); ESPP, and complementary and discount Hyatt nights.
Miraval associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it is career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
* Education and/or Experience *
- MA, Med or MS in exercise science, kinesiology or exercise physiology
- Professional experience in exercise testing (anthropometry, metabolic testing, flexibility testing, strength testing) is preferred but we are willing to train on the job
- Experienced public speaker with an ability to present exercise related information in an engaging manner
- Strong background in serving clients with empathy and kindness
ASCM or NSCA certifications are preferred Qualifications
Excellent communications skills
- Second and third languages are a plus
- Public speaking is a large component of this job so proficiency is a must
- Effectively listening to both clients and co-workers to understand their concerns, goals and issues
- Have the ability to pivot from one course of action to another in a timely fashion such that client goals are met
- Clearly understand what is possible given the willingness and time constraints of the client and then relay that to them in a clear and concise fashion
- Remain calm and composed regardless of the situation
- Anticipate needs before they arise such that they do not become crises (equipment, staffing, physical working environment)
- Manage time such that deadlines are met and the clients go home with the materials that you promised
- Must be able to demonstrate exercises when appropriate, but not required to teach group classes
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays
Primary Location: US-TX-Austin
Organization: Miraval Austin Resort and Spa
Pay Basis: Yearly
Job Level: Full-time
Job: Spa Fitness and Wellness
Req ID: AUS004165
Hyatt is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.