BlackBerry Corporation Director, DevOps in Austin, Texas
Worker Sub-Type: Regular
* Job Description: *
BlackBerry is looking for a Director of DevOps to lead a team of engineers that will design, implement, test and optimize its cybersecurity platform and products, including, but not limited to customer facing applications, API servers, internal administration, monitoring and security facilities, and massively scalable data processing system.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assess the cross-pillar needs to create a DevOps organization to support several products needs
- Create and organize a set of DevOps-specialized teams to support the varying needs of several existing products; embedding/assigning individuals to projects as needed
- Define and manage the best practices for staff embedded into projects; and migration of projects to said best practices
- Manage the career development for all DevOps staff
- Collaborate with team members to develop, harden, extend, and deploy virtualized base images for software development and deployment
- Develop and implement systems featuring high-availability, horizontal scalability, and self-healing capabilities, focusing on quality and attention to detail
- Deploy, configure, and use monitoring tools to find and diagnose problems on test and productions systems; design and implement automation for issue resolution
- Create and implement multi-region monitoring solutions for platform infrastructure and systems
- Participate in the development of centralized management applications on a regular basis
- Design, implement, and manage security controls and effective security auditing processes
- Utilize senior level debugging and troubleshooting skills on a regular basis
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Ten years minimum related experience in infrastructure management in a Windows and/or Linux environment; two years minimum working with automated configuration management tools, for a total of five years minimum of experience. Various combinations of the previously listed experience acceptable if the overall related experience totals to at least five years
- Bachelor’s or high-level degree preferred; relevant experience can be substituted for educational degree
- Senior knowledge of backend development and its applicable skills sets, deploying and configuring AWS services, application of common security, source control, and administration tools, and application of automation tools
This position may utilize one or more of the following languages, tools, supporting frameworks, data storage, and/or environments to complete tasks: o Python, 2.x/3.x o Ruby, 1.8x o Jenkins o Window Shell Scripting o Amazon Web Services Technologies (AWS) o Git o VPN o Secure Shell
Job Family Group Name: Product Development
Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40
We are BlackBerry, a global mobile communications leader who revolutionized the industry with its introduction in 1999. Today, BlackBerry’s products and services, from messaging to enterprise mobility, are relied on by millions of individuals every day to securely and efficiently connect them to the content and people that matter most. At BlackBerry our instinct for innovation is relentless, so as we continue to push the boundaries of mobile experiences, we continue to drive the talent, passion and creativity of our employees.
©2016 BlackBerry. All right reserved. BlackBerry® and related trademarks, names, and logos are the property of BlackBerry Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world.
It is the policy of BlackBerry to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veteran/Disabled
- BlackBerry Corporation Jobs